Can only see maximum 18 function buttons

Yes.... RM can show all 29 function (F0 to F28) buttons. To access them on screen there is a documented in the RM manual hidden sweet spot located on the LARGE loco throttle. Read the bottom half of page 47 and page 48 in the RM manual.

When the loco throttle is open in its large format, you should see a small red spot in the middle of the very bottom edge of the large throttle window. Click this sweet spot to expand the throttle to see additional function buttons. Now use your finger on a touch screen or the mouse cursor on a normal screen to drag the function buttons upwards (and downwards) to display all buttons from F0 to F28. When using the mouse cursor, it is a click and drag action as clicking when the cursor is held stationary over a button just operates that buttons function. Basically the Function button area of the throttle is scrollable up and down to show all 29 functions, but there are no scroll bars that would typically show in a Windows screen. Thus the scroll feature is not obvious.

Just for the elimination of doubt. You have to scroll up and down to see the function button you want to use. There is no way to show all 29 function buttons concurrently on the screen all at the same time.

P.S. This is not documented in the manual, to revert the expanded large throttle back to the normal large throttle (8 buttons showing). Click the same sweet spot at the bottom edge of the throttle. Note that in its fully expanded state the red sweet spot indicator is not shown on screen. But clicking the throttle frame where it was originally shown will shrink the throttle back from its expanded state.

Only Functions that have been assigned in the Locomotive Settings Screen will display in the large throttle.

Open the Locomotive Settings Screen for your specific loco and ensure that F19 is not showing 'not used' and is showing the title of the function assigned to F19. Note also that a blank function button label in the locomotive setting screen will also not display a function button in the throttle. Any functions configured as 'not used' or blank will not appear on the large throttle.

The .ini file edit will only show the throttle in the state that is visible when clicking the red expand spot. In other words it removes the red expand spot feature, but keeps the click and drag feature.

If F19 is indeed showing a text label in the Locomotive Settings Screen but not displaying on the throttle, then use the pull down function label box to select a different stock RM label at random. Save the change and see if the edited F19 label now shows. If it does, then edit the label again to the text title you prefer. Note that you can write your own label if the one you want is not listed in the pull down box. Keep any labels short as the character field length is limited.

If the above doesn't resolve your issue and the F19 button label is definitely showing in the Locomotive Settings Screen then I suggest deleting the loco from RM and re-adding it, as there may be a corruption in the RM 'resource' database file.

I think I need to clarify, I am experienced at using RailMaster. I have been using it for well over 10 years,now on my 3rd laptop, set up over 150 locos, assigned them to groups, assigned functions, assigned shunt cruise and max speeds, calibrated the real speed using the speed correction function, modified ini files, added my own loco photos etc etc. As can be seen here F19 is assigned, and assigned to the 'hot keys', where it also doesn't appear.

I also already tried changing the label to 'test' and still no joy.

All that said I am happy to call myself a blithering idiot if I have missed something very obvious!

forum_image_6362b626e25e9.thumb.png.6ad2c51b51805ba50eadc7a4ce561e03.png

Just to humour me.

What happens if you untick F19 so that it shouldn't appear on the small throttle (where it is not appearing either).

What happens if you assign a dummy function to F20, does F20 not show either.

Do other locos display correctly, if you add dummy functions up to F19 on another loco, does that loco show the same issue.

Have you tried deleting the loco and adding it again.

No, you are not an idiot. You seem to have done everything correctly and F19 should show. This is why I am suggesting deleting and re-adding the loco, as it seems to be a 'resource.mdb' database error.

EDIT: I have just noticed that F6 is showing 'not used'. Although that is a totally valid option. What happens if you give all the 'not used' functions that may be between between F0 and F6 a dummy function assignment.

Be aware that when you tick a function it sits ahead of unticked functions in the expanded throttle, hence you could have say F0 F1 F5 F6 F12 and F20 ticked and they show in the top rows of the throttle with the remaining functions tabulated in numerical order following them.

OK, fixed, the suggestions really helped.

Issue seemed to be I had 7 functions ticked to appear in the loco mini view tab, F19 being the 7th! Now normally of course it shouldn't let you do that, but somehow I managed it. Simply unticking one of the other functions so I only had 6 ticked solved the problem.

Thank you all so much for taking the time to reply and prompting me to focus in on what I am going to call a bug or a glitch ;)