Older Tri-ang TT-3 stock will it run through the points and Diamonds.

Rye7597

Will the older Tri-ang TT-3 loco's and stock run through the new Hornby TT 1.20 points and diamond crossovers. The back to backs on the wheels on this old stuff means it is a tight fit through the check rails and frogs on the Peco TT which is fine scale track but they run is a little better on the Tillig track. The wheel flanges are not really the problem.

@kevin

Moderator Note:

It is in your own interest to have a unique user name. 

Could you please select ‘My Account’ towards the top right hand corner of your screen, then Community and choose a nickname in the ‘My Profile' tab, rather than your First name that has been automatically allocated by the system. We had hoped a Forum change was coming to prevent this automatic allocation but a manual change is required at the moment and there will be more than one member with your name. This request together with some other information for new posters is contained in a thread at the top of the General Discussion section called ‘Information for new members registering for the Forum’

I took an unmotorised Jinty chassis to Gaydon to check and about 5 pushes out of 6 there were no problems. The other time there was a small tight spot but I had not checked the wheels b to b so no guarantee one wheel was not square on the axle.

Also I could only push along on a point as I could not set up extra track at either end.

Garry