Multiple duplicate postings

96RAF

Would members please desist from posting duplicates. When your post has to go for approval it is flagged on screen to tell you. That is a clue that you do not need to keep sending more.

forum_image_63bf266e702d1.thumb.png.8b99aa1988097113ce4b2a162247465d.png

Edit - The flag you see is green and at top of screen, not the blue indicator we see.

forum_image_63bfd110d96d4.thumb.png.4292bfcaba9a3bda4d0870b2b986ea09.png

I plead guilty.

After submitting the initial post, I panicked. Was I about to get rebuked for white space in between paragraphs? For white space at the end of my post?

Since I was at the General discussion page, I refreshed, looking for my post. It wasn't there! Oh no!! It didn't work!! Instead of remembering that an image needs approval, I submitted it again.

And that's when the penny dropped. My error.

I do suppose 15 lashes with the cat of nine tails are in order.

Bee

Hang on!

We do not see "awaiting approval" state flag. That must just be for moderators, only. If we could see that state flag, it would alleviate this problem immediately.

You can prove that to yourself by setting up a dummy account that does not have moderator status. Submit a post, with an image naturally, and observe if you can see the "awaiting approval" state flag. You will NOT! In fact, you see nothing at all, because the post isn't shown..

Rob Mod note - my OP edited for clarity

@Bee

The waiting approval (an extremely small text box) usually at the top of the screen only applies to new Forum members, because the 1st post always needs Moderator approval or (for everyone) to a post that includes a picture.

The Moderators have raised this with Hornby on many occasions and we have been assured it will become more obvious. We have asked for it to be right in the middle of the screen, ideally with an 'OK' button to press to get rid of it.

I really empathize with you moderators on this one. What a headache this must be.

If the web team won't do a pop up box, they could just do a "awaiting approval" image in place of the actual image. That way, we get to see our post is there (albeit without the proper images) and will not post it again. Just a different concept that achieves the same goal, to wit: no double posts.

That would also give me a chance to correct the small errors, grammatical, spelling, punctuation and of course, white space 😉, because I can see it and edit the text; all while waiting moderator approval of my images!!

Bee