New DP1 Deltic Prototype

rpjallan

Both these models (sound and non-sound) are still showing as Unavailable, even though I received a marketing email from Hornby yesterday promoting this model with a link to the sound version. The link takes you to an Unavailable page.

Is this model still available or not?

I got the same email and when I checked, it was available. My guess is that since the non sound version was the first product in the 2023 range to sell out, it’s proven to be the most popular loco so far and people snapped up the sound fitted version just as quickly.

It’s worth keep checking back though. There have been several locos I wanted but were unavailable, so I just kept checking the product page almost daily and eventually they were available to order or pre-order. Might be due to Hornby increasing the batch size, people cancelling pre-orders, etc etc. As long as I get one, I don’t care the reason.

I ordered it a week ago - with Club Discount brought the price down to £315. I dread to think what the price may be when it becomes physically available - Winter/Spring 2024/25.

This is a nice one for the "collection" - I used to see it regularly in the late fifties when train spotting outside of Kings X.