What are the contents of TT:120 TT8030 Track Pack 1

Porfuera

Neil, apologies for coming across as dismissive, will try to avoid that in future.
To get a better answer, have just looked at all the TPs and it’s strange TP1 is the only one needing a buffer stop and not showing one in contents, despite the number of parts on the end of the box.
So, for confirmation, I just went and downloaded the latest brochure to see what it has to say in the TP1 description, and guess what - it includes the buffer stop.
Logic and contents now match!
And sorry, forgot to check if they’d corrected the R4 v R6.

Thanks @Fishmanoz - and thanks for the tip about the new brochure, I didn't realise it had been reissued so I'll be downloading a new one shortly.

Hopefully the Online Shop's contents description (which is what I was using) will catch up soon.

Neil,

You didn't persuade me either way really, i want the parts in the boxes and not to do the layout on the boxes.

I will go and have a look at your website, you could put the url in your signature? Not sure if that is allowed or not.

Yep using Anyrail and liking it so far.. Computers, now that i have a far too many, used to work in the IT industry when in all started...

Dodge

Yep using Anyrail and liking it so far.. Computers, now that i have a far too many, used to work in the IT industry when in all started...

Dodge

Same here! DEC (the Digital Equipment Corporation), its PDP computers and RSX operating system don't even exist any more...! These young 'uns don't know they're born...!

@Porfuera
While a 2nd edition hard copy catalogue has been published, I believe the online version is still the original version.

Hi @Going Spare - it looks like you are right and the online catalogue is still version 04_10_22_V2. I guess @Fishmanoz downloaded this version (unless he has access to something more recent) so I guess the contents description of Track Pack 1 has always been correct in the catalogue!

I was going by the contents description of Track Pack 1 in the online shop - I didn't think to look in the catalogue, but even if I had I would probably have assumed both would be the same.

And I'm guessing here but I'd assume that many people will use the online shop descriptions when they order, rather than opening either the paper or the electronic catalogues.

And given that the online shop is where most of the orders will be placed (apart from the occasional telephone order) then that is the one place where the product descriptions really should be correct.

I go back well before PDPs and punch cards - KDF9 with flexiwriters and paper tape and a lot of the memory coming from magnetic tape drives ex Sydney Uni’s home built machine which name escapes me.

Have you ever tried cut and paste on paper tape?

That was back in the day when computers were very expensive and people cheap so you spent hours trying to debug before handing over to the operators and waiting 24 hours for the results to come back.

Product descriptions on Hornby's website are very poor all round. This applies to OO as well as TT.

I recently bought a Hornby OO loco that makes no mention on the Hornby website whether it has a DCC socket. I had to look at reviews and retailers websites to discover it did have a socket and that it was a 21 pin type.

When I received my TT:120 buildings the packaging has all elevations of the buildings shown as well as full dimensions. Look at the website and you get a single image and no dimensions.

Very poor marks for effort by Hornby. Needs improvement.

All product pages are under review by Hornby both for accuracy and clarity of ‘whats in the box’ type of information. Understandably that is not a five minute job. It is pointless to keep harping on about so the post has been locked.

I would echo TT-Man’s (and others) about poor product information on the official Hornby website.

Considering that TT120 is sold ‘Direct’ only, it is even more critical that the website is accurate and has much more information on features, sizes and multiple product images. I appreciate that the various teams must be flat out with the workload they have to deliver the TT120 range on top of OO commitments and the introduction of ground breaking Bluetooth DCC etc but the shop is the direct connection to market. Get that wrong and all the hard work is being diluted.

Hornby have all the data, it exists in engineering files and development photos and sign off specs. Perhaps SK could aim some resources to Web team and even one by one get detailed info up online… obvious place to start would be precise details of what is available now