My Italian layout,other brands as Lima are converted for Marklin digital

Aldebaran

forum_image_63cd188b6cef1.thumb.png.279dad982d102f564cfc183ef05b0b54.pngDear friends,

this is the first and last time i upload to your attention my Italian layout in scale HO.Many trains of other brands as Lima,Rivarossi,Piko,Roco were modified to run on my Marklin digital system.I choose the Apulia and not Genoa where i was born and i live because from Apulia we have our lovely dog a female called Jasmine so this is our heart layout.I upload the video after have reading the rules of your forum if i didn't understand the rules i give my apologies.

On my Italian layout you can admire the first railway station called "Lerino" by Lima coming from the year 1965,that year at 7 years old i received my first train and this passion is for me a lifetime journey.Another beautiful loco is the class d341 Fiat by Lima.You can see that before 1965 on many lines in southern Italy we had the same British signals.

Best greetings Alberto Genoa Italy

My Hornby layout is ready at 50pct i am awaiting now to purchase this spring some British locos as your announce for 2023 range.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJE7FBN-7zg

In one of the modelling magazines a long time ago there was a dual British and I think Italian U shaped layout with an appropriate station at each end of the U. When one was in use the other station acted as the fiddle yard.

The was also one referred to in one of the Model Railway Constructor annuals (found it….1979) where the article was described as ‘The best of both worlds’ and the infrastructure was a bit mid-way between OO and HO, the owner could run UK trains or French ones as the mood took them.

This is something I will have to manage when I finally get round to starting mine (I have built the baseboards but they are currently piled high with other junk) as along with the Tri-ang, Hornby and other British OO stock I have, I also have a lot of Jouef/Playcraft, Lima and Hornby Acho French HO stock that will need to use the same station.

I only got into the continental stock when I got some in a mixed job lot of Playcraft models and realised how detailed it was and how well it ran. I also like electric locomotives and there are rather a lot of different types available! I just need to remember which ones are 1.5Kv dc, 25Kv ac or dual voltage, although it’s my imaginary world so I can mix and match if I want to.

Dear friends,

i thank you very much and i am glad i didn't broke any forum rules.Thanks a lot.My lifetime journey started in 1965 for Christmas with a great Rivarossi start set,Sadly in 1966 before Christmas my father died for a cancer.After some years my mother purchased cheper Lima start sets.In 1996 my wife was happy to see me projecting a new layout but this time the travels,holidays and love for many countries led me to collect foreign locomotives.Besides Italy I love France and the UK. Over time I have owned many Hornby locomotives.Hornby Hobbies bookgazine is the history of my passion too.I received as child many Corgi Toys,Dinky Toys,and later under 12 age i played with Airfix soldiers and my first kit built was a Grumman F4F of the Royal Navy.In a short time i built almost the British aircrafts of WWII.Today every night before falling asleep next to my wife I read this beautiful Bookgazine or the Hornby 2022 catalogue.The book is very well written and I have learned many things. I have known brands such as Rovex, Wrenn, Airfix model railways, Oxford diecast ( i have a large collection of this brand) and I realize that I am one of many millions of children (lucky ) who grew up around the world with toys made in England. Now that I have white hair, my passion is always the electric train. Thank you for your friendship.

Cheers,

Alberto 😊🚂