Do Hornby ever combine PKG on pre orders

Ighten 1707822464

If you add the things you want to the basket to try and make a bulk order, and as long as it’s above £50, you’ll get free shipping. It’s no guarantee that any of it will ship at the same time though. Hornby’s shipping department is a bit odd.

I ordered nine LMS Coronation coaches (10 arrived) all in one order, and they individually packaged and shipped all ten.

As for the HM7000 range being a collective launch, it’s all scheduled for spring release, even though yesterday the whole day range was scheduled for winter 2022/2023 release, but I’ll bet it all ships at slightly different dates. This is really down to the suppliers.

In a word, no. All pre-orders get their own order number. When it (finally) comes into stock, it is processed and completed. So, even though you added them from the same basket at one time, you create multiple orders in the system. As it is extremely unlikely that all of the items will arrive in the same shipment, this prevents part orders sitting on the system for years. If they do all arrive together, you may get them all in one delivery, but you will pay the delivery for each item, which you then have to contact Hornby to get it refunded. It's a messy system, but it is what it is.

I do find the customer services people very helpful on the other end of the phone every time I ring them up to complain that I received my pre-orders at the same time (and often in the same box) and paid multiple postage fees. They have always refunded the extra postage costs to me; to date.

It'll be nice when the website and fulfilment services coordinate enough not to charge us in the first place.