What did you receive today?

South Coast Flyer

A couple of days ago I received some monastery ruins I planned to use as a scenic item, It was wargaming scale and so wasn't sure how it would work scale wise, but it wasn't expensive, so I took the risk.

As it turns out, its was a little on the small side, around continental N scale (1:160).

I dropped the seller a line about the next wargaming scale up and he asked me what I wanted it for. When I told him, he said that would be to big and it was also exponentially more expensive due to material and print time. He kindly offered to do me a 1:120 version and worked out a price that I was happy with, so should be on its way soon sunglasses

forum_image_6440161606391.thumb.png.8d1b9a5cf5c507b8b7c15b03e3fb698b.png

You silver tongued devil! Looking forward to seeing Dracula’s lair in place soon 😁

It will be a while yet before I get to that area, it will be toned down to be more suggestive of regular monastery ruins destroyed in King Henry VIII's dissolution.

But, of course, Whitby and its Abbey played a key part in inspiration for Bram Stokers Dracula.

A set of WWS weathering powders, and a large bag of Javis ballast, because the Woodland scenics I have are too light or too dark for my tastes once glue is on.

As always, a gamble as I ordered online, currently a sample piece is drying off, but hopefully it will be what I want colour wise kissing_smiling_eyes

Some nice detail items at Bunters Yard, Thanks for the heads up Dave thumbsup

As an addition to my earlier post |(awaiting picture approval), I have been in touch with the seller and he will be adding prices for 1:120 listings at a later date, in the meantime he is going to print me some 1:120 from a new order.

Very nice guy to deal with and fantastically detailed resin prints, look for the seller : battlefield3d on ebay blush (no connection, I am just a happy customer).

If you look up the couplers thread you should find a Tillig instruction sheet on fitting the coupling parts together and into the socket, they are essentially the same so instructions match. It is a bit fiddly but the sheet shows how the metal hook installs to the plastic shank and then how to get it into the socket.

I found the sheet so it should appear here when mods have chance to approve the pic

Yes, the fact the Austin 10 fits in the bed entirely shows how large a beast they were !

It is actually as long as the old Tri-ang 1:100 brake vans I have for clearance setting purposes. As mentioned, the seller is doing some more for me in proper 1:120 scale, and will add them to his listing eventually. They are produced to order so take around 3 weeks, but the detail is fantastic, even the chassis is detailed !

I look forward to receiving those and re-commissioning the ex-Army vehicles for civilian business use transporting goods to and from Millwood goods yard and factory. sunglasses