What, no 5th Radius curves

Ged_K

The 6th Radius (half) curve looks to solely exist for bringing track from points back to the standard track spacing.

but it occurs to me, as most stock won't negociate 1st rad, that if you want a four track mainline, you would need going round bends, a 5th rad curve.

Also why no curved points (and no indication would be added anytime soon)?

Give it a chance! Hornby have created pieces to get going with an expanded train set. No doubt other pieces such as curved points will follow along if the scale takes off. Even Peco have only introduced one radius of point so far. In the meantime maybe look at other ranges eg, Tillig?

Give it a chance! Hornby have created pieces to get going with an expanded train set. No doubt other pieces such as curved points will follow along if the scale takes off. Even Peco have only introduced one radius of point so far. In the meantime maybe look at other ranges eg, Tillig?

But, have Hornby ever produced a 5th radius curve in 00 gauge?

But, have Hornby ever produced a 5th radius curve in 00 gauge?

No. I think it would be a good idea though. It would then be possible to construct more prototypical looking curves without having to measure, bend and cut flexi track. Some modelers look down their nose at people who use setrack though. Not that I can see a problem with it. Makes life easier.

I may have got this wrong, but if the standard straight from Hornby is 166mm, and the scale is 1;120, my calculator states that in real money, the rail is very nearly 1 chain in length.

And when I drive my Pullmans over the back of my layout, where I have used Hornby track, they produce the sound which we trainspotters know so well.

On the front of the layout, where I have used a Peco Flextrack, they don’t.

So aurally, I prefer the Hornby track; it sounds better.

And, although my locos and coaches negotiate the change in design adequately, I prefer to stick with one or the other.

Pity, therefore, that Hornby’s straights are out of stock. I empathise with DW.