TT-120 Track layout Help

Keith-349914

I have purchased the TT-120 Easterner Train set plus all the extra five track extension sets. As it still hasn't arrived yet I want to build the baseboard to take the whole layout. Does anyone know what total size the layout will be (length x width), so that i can make the board board in advance. Thanks in advance.

The back of the box suggests 1371mm x 914mm, though if you look through the threads on here about the size of the track mat there are other dimensions quoted for that.

Might be worth holding off until you have the trackwork in your possession, just in case you decide to to alter the plan a little (for example when I set up on my table I move the sidings around a little). I would imagine the size on the box is the bare minimum and allowing a bit more around the edges is sensible?

PS you didn't need to buy ALL the track packs as the set comes with pack #1 included, so already you may have an additional point and siding to accommodate?

If you can, work out the biggest practical space you have, and bear that in mind, play around with the track when you get it and see if you can come up with something that might be more entertaining for yourself. If it’s a first layout, hold off making hard and fast commitments until you know how you want it to be. Track packs and mats are only a basic guide. Look at as many other layouts and plans for inspiration 😁