HM7000 installed in Hornby class 31 - no headlight/tail light in DCC mode - everything else OK

candishtowers

Installed an 8 pin HM7000 in my new NWR yellow class 31. Control, lights and sounds all working fine on Bluetooth mode, but switching to my ECOS DCC, control and sounds work fine, but there are no head/tail lamps - except they come on when I press Function 28 on the ECOS which is AFC or Automatic Function Control. I have re-set the decoder twice with the same results. Not a great problem as the lights do work under F28 but I was wondering if anybody had any suggestions?

F28 pulls up lights, sound - start up, background and brakes, along with random other sounds. This proves your lighting is good but why they don’t work on F0 from DCC is odd. There doesn’t appear to be anything in the decoder manual to help apart from CV29 bit1 which defines where the decoder looks to find directional lighting, but if it works in F28 then CV29 would seem OK.

I have an Electrotrens loco where the basic running lights do not come on until a higher Aux function light is selected. The only indications with F0 only on are the cab number panels lighting up, but if I select the higher Aux keys with F0 off I do not get running lights. 21-pin TXS installed.