Hornby tts volume won't turn down

sir john

Hi All

Just purchased a preowned p2 with tts sound loco runs fine all sounds work ok but volume will not turn down its either full or off

Have tried a factory reset but to no avail any thoughts or solutions would be welcome

Regards John

Does it turn off when the global volume is set to value 0.

What value does global volume read back.

Some TTS decoders had a glitch in that the global volume CV was +2 away from that shown in the paperwork, e.g. CV182 would be CV184.

Check the speaker is 8-ohm and hasn’t been replaced by a 4-ohm one.

@Raf

Hi Rob thanks for your reply,I can find no mention of the two cvs you mentioned tried to read them but was coming back cannot read cv.The paperwork I have says cv178 is the master control when set to 0 sound turns off but is far too loud .the speaker has no marking so can't tell the impedance only that it's a zimo

John

CV182 offset glitch must have only been for the diesels.

CV178 for the steamies.

Did you reset the decoder yet. If so and its still the same - sound is just on or off - then it sounds like the decoder is awry.

If still in warranty then invoke it, else throw your hat into the ring at HCC and see what happens.

Did you write 0 to CV178 and then try the sounds? On my TTS this would switch sounds off completely and when writing 1, sets the lowest they will go. Still quite loud though! (I cannot read the value of CV178)