HM 7000 next 18 pin decoder (Reset codes and no movement)

Backafter5

Hi hope I am in right forum. Got my decoder today to fit in my TT120 engine fit fine connected in to app ok the sound worked fine but engine would not move. While trying different things I must have done something and it is now asking for a reset code found on device manager page but nothing there. Any suggestions.

You should have been prompted to save the reset code shown on screen before you pressed reset. Did you write that down - obviously not.

If it is asking for a reset code then the app will automatically request the code be sent to the email you registered the app with.

If all else fails you will have to eat humble pie and request a one-time reset code from HM.customercare@hornby.com quoting your decoder MAC ID i.e. HM7000-#### to be found on the decoder box.

Ba5, can I suggest you go to the stickies on this forum at the top, Manuals on this Site, click on the link I’ve provided, then select Text-based Tutorials and at the bottom is a troubleshooting guide.

See how you go with that and come back and tell us the result.

@Backafter5 - if you look at the sticky threads in this forum, there’s quite a lot of troubleshooting advice for fitting decoders. As @fishman says, the power supply is a key issue, again this is detailed in the relevant sticky thread. if you’re using the controller from a bundle or Analogue set then you need to read the manuals in the links provided in the threads and choose one of the recommended power supplies. Hornby’s r7337 bundle is the best option at £60.

I’m occasionally having this problem or glitch (controlled sound but no loco movement)

Ive read every text tutorial and watched the YouTube videos and I can’t find a thing to help.

I’m now resigned to hoping it’s something that gets sorted in an update.

That’s interesting and may well be a good check for people using railmaster.

Although I now think mine was something different.

I just swapped my two decoders between the two locos.

Blink Boney worked fine but Falcon still had the same issue that at some point it would just stop & refuse to move. Upon closer inspection I realised that some of the external dressing mech was slightly jamming. The sort of thing that would likely make a proper mess if run at speed. A slight “adjustment” with some tweezers and all seem well.

fingers crossed