What kind of Carriage is this please?

JJ73

Hiya

I was making a video the other day & I like to name my Locos & Rolling Stock what feature in my Vids & I came across this Carriage / Guards Van type Vehicle & wasn't too sure what to call it...

forum_image_6494dee88a0c7.thumb.png.f2cf310fbb214f44b101dc77883eaaa5.png

As you can see in the above Photo Half of it is a Carriage & the other half is a Guards Van thingy - The Number on the side is M 26133 & it is from the Hornby Dublo 'The Royal Scot' Electric Train Set R1283M if that is any help - Thank you in advance!!! πŸ€”πŸš‚

Hi JJ

I took your Hornby number R1283M and searched for what it contained. It said the rolling stock it contained is:

• BR (exLMS) Composite Coach
  • BR (exLMS) Brake 3rd Coach

I then looked up images of these two types of carriages. The image you show is an excellent match for Brake 3rd Coach.

Check Hornby R4801 to see if you agree!

Bee

That is the Hornby standard 57’ BTK (break 3rd Corridor) it is a Stanier diagram 1905. Built in the 1930’s. The same diagram is also used in the Coronation.

if you are correct about the windows being different on the model you looked at it might be a different diagram someone has made using a Hornby model as a starting point. But Hornby as only made the 1905 in the higher detail range.

the gray bits on the Guard end are chalk boards. For distension to be written on of certain goods being carried inside the coach.