Connection Issues?

Tom-360935

Hi

I'm after a bit of help with my HM7000.

Essentially, the app installs fine, the decoders are recognised, profiles install ok, sound plays (default profile downloaded, have tried another too). But as soon as I adjust the slider to move the loco it judders about 5mm or so and then loses connection with the app and stops. I hit stop on the app, wait for it to reconnect and it will move a little again and then lose connection. Sometimes the sound will continue to play but the loco won't move.

I have tried two decoders, two locos (Hornby R396 modified with a socket and a Bachmann class 5MT DCC ready), two power supplies and two android devices (Samsung A7 Android 12 + Redmi note 9 Android 10), as well as removing and reinstalling the decoders and app on each device and trying different sections of track and a test track section.

The Locos run perfectly when I connect the old DC controller. I've tried the other obvious things like cleaning the pickups etc.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Ah, OK, that should obviously be fine. The only other immediate thing I can think of is dirty track and/or wheels and pickups. It is really important that track is kept spotlessly clean in order to get a good connection. Also the wheels and pickups on your locos must also be clean.