Unexpected skills

Well ..... to be honest modelmaking was the main reason I became an architect. From the age of eleven I was into scale drawings - plans, elevations and sections. Both insofar as interpreting them and also drawing them up. It was a natural progression to architecture!

Does that count!

Not just skills, but materials and tools as well! Having to use a variety of adhesives gives a reasonable idea of what they will or won't do - which came in useful when I had to repair some extensive damage to a large earthenware garden sculpture, when not only cryo-gel glue was useful, but also the ability - refined by scale modelling - to work out the right order to fit a three dimensional shape together - and SWMBO is pleased with the outcome!

First aid; after slicing my thumb open on a scalpel. Dab hand with the steristrips and micropore now!

Modelling kit came in handy repairing wall covering damage in the bathroom (a form of plastic cladding), even airbrushed the mottled finish - nigh on invisible repair now.

Andy

Null_null98 mentioned modelmaking skills used to repair items. This is porcelain ornament I repaired for my daughter after her cat got at it. It had sentimental value which is why it wasn't binned. Had to use fillers, paints and glues + patience. All skills acquired through model making! Here are before and after picsforum_image_64d66eb83db5b.thumb.png.bb4f8f878eaf2f3d458aa8cd24c83ba2.png