Prices

Alan-363914

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes but the problem is you have to take the loco apart to do it. Generally and I am not going to point fingers, the less times you take the loco apart the less bits fall off it. To me there should be an option to extend the programming time to allow the "stay alive" to charge up. I am sure there are reasons why not to do this, but it is a pain.

I must admit that using an Elite as a programmer very many of the decoders with "stay alive" don't read, but I suppose some people are luckier than I am. I read the spec for programming and 100 mS is not really long enough time to charge a decent electrolytic capacitor, so it is not surprising. In fact when I used to design micro circuits I used to allow 100 mS before the micro came out of reset. So SteveM6 which decoders do you use and what is the capacitance value of your stay alive? I had most of my issues with the DCC Concepts ones but there were others. There have been many posts on the subject generally recommending that you remove the "stay alive" if you want to read CVs reliably on DCC. The link with prices was that I just said that YouChoos did a small "stay alive" circuit board. It was relatively cheap unless you added the high density computer grade "backup" capacitors.