pullman coaches

Steve-353799

Yes, frequently. On the SR, for example, the 'Golden Arrow' train was gradually reduced from all-Pullman to having just a few Pullman cars marshalled alongside green BR standard Mk1 coaches, and some electric multiple units contained one Pullman car in the otherwise green stock.

I've seen a photo showing the GWR Torquay Pullman with what looks like Collett 57' coaches either end. Unfortunately I cannot tell exactly which ones but the one at the rear is a brake while the other next to the loco is not.

A reasonable representation of this train can be acheived by using the old type Hornby Collett brake and composite (ideally with the GWR coat of arms rather than the shirtbutton logo.

This is particularly helpful as I am not aware of any white pullman brake coached to add to the three coach train pack.

Many thanks Going Spare but it was not a white "roofed" Pullman like the ones in the sets you mentioned but a white Pullman to match those in the R2797M "The White Pullman" train pack or Torquay Pullman that I was referring to.

On these Pullmans the panel above the windows which carries the name PULLMAN is cream rather than the later umber.

By chance, I have come across a couple of photographs from June 1964 showing the Deltic-hauled down London-Edinburgh 'Morning Talisman' service comprised of six maroon Mk1 coaches at the front and 4 or 5 Pullman cars at the rear, while the down 'Afternoon' service was in the main made up of the prototype blue/grey XP64 stock.