BR, Stanier 5MT 'Black 5', 4-6-0, 44726 With Steam Generator - Era 5

Boroal

Hi all,

I pre ordered the above loco with steam generator almost a year ago. I have heard and seen little about them since then. Does anyone know what is happening, are we ever likely to see them in the wild?

I guess there are others in my position waiting for the steam generator models hopefully someone has more information than I do and is able to share.

The website still say ‘expected Spring 2024’ although some slippage can be expected as with pretty much all models these days.

It will arrive when its good and ready - remember that the 2MT took five years to go from design to delivery.

Just back from Warley where I spoke with one of the Hornby designers. They had decorated samples on the stand rather than the EP's they had at GETS. Looking really good. The first ones should be around June next year, but the smoke generator version will be a little later, about this time next year. The lights will be configured for Express Goods, but additional lamps and irons will be included in the accessory pack.