Accurascale 21 pin compatible

HST43

Looking at purchasing class 37 Accurascale and I noticed it comes DCC ready 21pin MTX with power bank already fitted up to 10 seconds, I presume Hornby’s HM7000 is not compatible as it has its own recommended power pack you have to use ?

I was hoping someone more familiar with HM7000 would answer this but I will have a try. I assume Accurascale have adopted the more proven method of attaching the "Stay Alive" between the common voltage and ground, which is quite easy to do on a 21 pin decoder socket as the ground and common voltage are wired to pins, as opposed to an 8 pin decoder where you have to connect to a pad on the decoder PCB. So if you just connect the HM7000, I can't see that there should be an issue. I can't see it blowing up the HM7000 but perhaps someone will correct me if I am wrong. Unless you really want the Bluetooth capability I would try and buy the class 37 with Accurascale's sound already fitted, it is vastly superior to any other sound used for this loco. I have the sound fitted class 37 and it sounds wonderful. Then you have the issue of lighting, with the HM7000 you will not be able to access all the lighting functions. I think it will cost you about £20 to £30 for the ready fitted loco over adding HM7000 and if you can afford it well worth the extra.

HM7K is 21-MTC providing 4 hi level + 2 logic level function output not MTX which if I am correct is 6 hi level function output, thus some of the higher controlled functions will not work.

Ref stay alive I can only ask you to read appendix 7 of the famous manual particularly the last 2 sentences.

Yes 96RAF those last two sentences are referring to you adding stay alive to lets say an 8 pin unit where you would have to solder to the decoder pcb, which makes sense. In this case the HW7000 will be connecting to an external "Stay Alive" wired across the 21 pin socket. So those two sentences are irrelevant in this instance. There is the more practical result in that is virtually impossible in this case to prove that the "stay alive" caused the issue as soon as you remove it from the socket, the evidence is gone.