My Aircraft Collection

Grumps123

nice build grumps, i forgot to check the weight in mine for some reason its got just enough weight for it to sit on the wheels but it can sit on its tail if the unit is nudged. 

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Dominic Thomas said:

I really like the Japanese types you have shown in this post. Such a variety of designs and markings. I have a few in the cavern but have not attempted any as yet. Perhaps now …..

Go for it Dominic! 😁

Posted (edited)
36 minutes ago, Grumps123 said:

Go for it Dominic! 😁

I have at least another 24 differing types of aircraft that I haven't built any of as yet to come (in the future...)

Edited by Grumps123
addition

the glider is one of those i really like but would have no place to put it once built, its a nice build grumps.

i like the range of Japanese aircraft you have i am looking at these a lot more i only have a few airfix ones waiting to be built.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, paul71 said:

the glider is one of those i really like but would have no place to put it once built, its a nice build grumps.

i like the range of Japanese aircraft you have i am looking at these a lot more i only have a few airfix ones waiting to be built.

The upside to the glider is that there are no propellers to break when you clean it.

Randall

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Grumps123 said:

I have at least another 24 differing types of aircraft that I haven't built any of as yet to come (in the future...)

I just counted, I have 204 Japanese aircraft and 48:different types, I may need more paint…

Randall

• Haha 6

• 2 weeks later...

That's a good finish on the Dinah with a realistic looking shade of green. Japanese aircraft green has been a bit of a mystery to me over the years. The colours given on painting guides often seem a lot darker than those on pictures of actual aircraft.

I've always had a soft spot for the Mitsubishi Dinah though, it just looks the part.

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, jopres57 said:

That's a good finish on the Dinah with a realistic looking shade of green. Japanese aircraft green has been a bit of a mystery to me over the years. The colours given on painting guides often seem a lot darker than those on pictures of actual aircraft.

I've always had a soft spot for the Mitsubishi Dinah though, it just looks the part.

There has lately been a lot more info on Japanese colors. We are slowly getting what we need. 

Randall

• 1 month later...

Aérospatiale SA 330 Puma HC.1 Airfix 1973 tool 1994 box 03021

An old tool, this was obviously not to the standard of later Airfix offerings, the clear parts being quite thick and a little opaque. The canopy caused a number of difficulties to go together and the instructions were not great. Aside from that, my first helicopter, any mistakes are mine and I found it quite an enjoyable build.

pu 9.JPG

pu 10.JPG

pu 11.JPG

pu 12.JPG

pu 13.JPG

pu 14.JPG

pu 15.JPG

• Like 7

That's a good build of a rare kit. The Puma has been a great helicopter, it entered service nearly fifty years ago and is still going strong. I imagine the model is slightly inaccurate because back in the seventies Airfix used to often base new releases on prototype or pre-production machines in order to be the first with a new kit. This definitely needs an update, if not at least a vintage classic appearance.

• Thanks 1