A1351 Panzer IV Ausf. H

A wet Bank Holiday used worthwhile.  Never attempted a build with skirts before so gave it a go.  What a thoroughly enjoyable kit to put together, not to easy and not to difficult.  Initial research showed that most of these skirts were coated with Zimmerite so as I haven't attempted that yet thought it was one for the future as I didn't want to make a dog's dinner of it.

Plan was to make everything up as sub assemblies and then get on with painting and piecing it together.

Screenshot 2024-05-07 125243.png

Decided on Vallejo 74.604, 70.887 and 70.872, went for a wide spread camo as for some reason my 0.2 airbrush wasn't playing nicely, so went for the 0.3 was called up (had a few schnapps by then, so looked okay to me)!

To my surprise the rubber tracks worked well and in fact no adhesive was needed to keep them together.  Washes were made with Humbrol weathering powders in a Decal Fix solution, easy to adjust effect with moistened cotton bud.  Didn't go for caked on mud just dust.

Screenshot 2024-05-07 125424.png

And then the skirts,  not sitting right without glue so that will be the final step.  Now that, finally, I have found a CA that I can work with, nice and thin that will be a doddle.

Screenshot 2024-05-07 125520.png

Screenshot 2024-05-07 131346.png