Need help about a Question about the Minimal Voltage for the H & M Duette!!! Got a bit stuck!!!

Ok thanks again every one who has just helped me, but I think that I'm going to leave it there for now b/c as I've just said to Brew Man, I think I'm just going to get the same results as before & I'm not sure what I'm really doing or achieving!!!

Hi JJ

There are two thing things to learn

The first is exactly where your controller switches on.   We found the voltage when the locomotive moves.   Now we will find the voltage when your controller gets out of the dead zone.  large.JJsTest.jpg.491a9712fc662f185b2ecae4b5c36074.jpg

The second thing to learn is about your meter.  The vertical slide bar shows the most voltage to expect.  

When we set the vertical slide bar to 20, we said, no VDC more than 20 volts.  When we set the vertical slide bar to 2 (not 5, my mistake), then we expect no more than 2 VDC.  VDC = volts direct current / volts.

Your controller should easily get out of the dead zone under 2 volts.  When we did the experiment before, with the vertical slider at 20 VDC, you got readings around 0.3 VDC to start.

Take your time.  The task is to learn your controller and your meter.  

Bee

1 hour ago, ntpntpntp said:

As an exercise in using your meter then fair enough but be very very careful not to turn the knob up too high.  

Exactly that NTP.  Exercise in learning his meter, controller, what VDC is and how model trains work.  

Bee

As they say Bee - Every day is a Skool er er I mean School day 😉😁You don't stop learning just b/c you have left School or College - you learn all the way through Life!!! 😉🚂