Hornby Class 08 and a 8-pin HM7000 decoder

I have the R30142 LORAM Class 08, ive tried to fit a HM7000 sound decoder to the loco and downloaded the sound profile and I keep getting a MOTOR OVERCURRENT issue but when I put a normal 8-pin hornby decoder it works fine. Is the a CV setting I can change within the HM7000 decoder to stop the other MOTOR OVERCURRENT. I have tried fitting other HM7000 decoders to the loco with the same issue.

Edited by RDS
Title edited to correct typo

• RDS changed the title to Hornby Class 08 and a 8-pin HM7000 decoder

The loco has a fault if all the 7K decoders show the same result. The regular decoder will simply cutout and self reset is overloaded and could well mask a fault.

That is interesting, you don't say if the HM7000 still works once you have taken it out the class 08. The current limit for a normal Hornby decoder is 0.5 amps, according to the specification of HM7000 the current limit for this is 1.0 amps. So if it works with the Hornby decoder if should work with the HM7000. So I assume you are running the HM7000 on the App because I doubt most DCC controllers would give that message on my Elite is just gives an error message. Now I am not the expert on this device but when I was talking to YouChoos about short circuit protection on their Zimo decoders there is very little time between a short happening and the decoder starting to smoke even with protection which theirs has. There is just not enough surface area to dissipate the heat . So I suggest setting the DCC enabled bit and run the loco on DCC and see if the fault is still there.