Stanier BR maroon coaches

Today I received some of the 57' BR maroon Stanier coaches and they are very nice.

As for running, two brakes were perfect, the other four, have just a very, very slight scrape on Hornby curves.  It is so slight and not noticed on the layout that nothing needs to be done to them. All six are fine as they are.

20240716_215524.jpg

Screenshot_20240716_215642_Gallery.jpg

• Like 8

6 hours ago, Trevor-1284476 said:

It was because of people reporting issues with the Stanier coaches are the reason that i decided my layout needed to be minimum of 3rd Radius curves.

The very slight scraping of these was on R3, but, it is very slight and not enough for me to worry about or modify like others I have had and done.

It is hit and miss, I  have quite a few blood and custards that were no problem just as two of these maroon ones were, then the four maroon ones here were not enough to worry about but all the LMS, parcels and two blood and custards I used a Dremel to sort out to get to run freely.

6 hours ago, Trevor-1284476 said:

It was because of people reporting issues with the Stanier coaches are the reason that i decided my layout needed to be minimum of 3rd Radius curves.

Yesterday I had the Montrose pulling 4 x Stainer era 4s around my 2nd radius loop for a few hours. Once you bed them in they go round a 2nd radius with no problems.

I haven't physically modified them just had them going round and round and round etc. for several hours.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Silver Fox 17 said:

As for running, two brakes were perfect,

My 4 arrived and all running fine on R27'ish curves (hand laid streamline).  Very pleased, but still trying to get the Dapol easy shunts to perform.

57’ 3rd brake runs perfectly on High Fell although my tightest curve is R3. The parcels (full brake) were good too.  I like the roof detail on the 3rd Brake and the detail in general is very well done. I could be tempted on a crimson and cream 3rd to make a small local service but currently hauled by a racehorse! 2 6 4 4MT in black, would be ideal for such a job 😁

I send over the label 😁 

seriously that’s a superb model and just what TT:120 needs next in steam or a class 25 in diesel as locos. Some pics on the build would be great to see Garry 👍

2 hours ago, Rallymatt said:

seriously that’s a superb model and just what TT:120 needs next in steam or a class 25 in diesel as locos. Some pics on the build would be great to see Garry 👍

I don't take photos of much during any building Matt.  For this loco all I can do is show a photo of the chassis, the body is a 3D print.  As with any of my chassis conversions I do not plan or measure anything, just saw, grind, file where necessary until the body and chassis fit.

Screenshot_20240717_234656_Chrome.jpg

• Like 3