"Select" to "Elite." Interchangeability of addresses?

Captain_Francisco.

Are the locomotive & accessory addresses interchangeable from the "Select" to the "Elite," and vice versa? i.e. If you have already programmed a loco as no.7, does it, the loco, react as no.7 no matter the controller plugged in, or is it necessary to re-programme

from controller to controller? I am at present, particularly interested in the Hornby controllers, but any more general information always of interest, and appreciated.

Once a decoder is programmed with an address, that address is usable on any DCC system but there can be problems if a loco is given an address which isn't in the possible range of addresses on the other controller. For instance, it would be impossible

to use a loco with the address 1111 on the Select which can only use loco addresses from 1 to 59.

I am not an expert on the select but there are some limitations with the accessory decoder wrt to the elite.

the select has accessory decoder addresses numbering from 60 (I think) upwards. The elite starts at 1. I am not sure if elite #1 is select

#60 (or 61) or if elite #61 = select #61.

Francisco

The accessory decoder manual goes a long way to explaining the Select/Elite addressing differences: https://www.hornby.com/downloads/digital-instruction-manuals/

There is also a difference in address interpretation depending on the Select

firmware state - check with Hornby Customer Support as it can be updated by them free of charge.

Rob

Archived