Hornby Figure Bases

I hate to see bases on figures.   Try a tiny spot of copydex or tacky-wax under the feet if you don't want your little folk to be permanent 🙂   

My layouts are built for exhibitions so everything is always strongly stuck down 🙂 

• Thanks 1

I normally use 5mm squarish piece of clear plastic.

DSC_07412.thumb.JPG.916af7592581f75d263099b01c64b8f7.JPG

The guy in the red cap is a representation of my father circa 1985. He was a plasterer and always wore a leather cap and thought he was tres chic with his new red one... We couldn't really break it to him that he might get some unwanted attention...

Yes, not for an exhibition layout, but works for me.

• Haha 1

@ntpntpntp Quite right but carefully chosen locations leave them all but invisible when the figures are removed and no bases are needed when they are in place. I do like the idea of tacky wax though. 

Edited by threelink
Accuracy

I did see it here, but cannot remember who posted.  At least, that is what my faulty memory tells me....

Tiny magnets.  One in the shoe, the other in the object the figure is to stand on.  Perfectly invisible in the base, need not even be exposed to the surface.  Not visible in the figure, because it is inside the shoe.

The figure can be moved about to other hidden magnets, leading to a more dynamic display, easier to clean, etc

Bee

Edited by What About The Bee