Trees and TT120 layouts

Several months ago i started looking into tress for the layout and started to make a few.

here are few photographs:

The pale tree is the straggly end of a sea foam tree, painted to look like a silver birch, with white paint for the trunk and fine lines of black paint.   The scatter was the summer grass from WW scenics.

The mature tree is a scenescraft armature with painted truck (slight grey tone and two different colour scatters. The smaller branches were off-cuts of sea foam to form the  smaller branches

i have added a ModelU 1:120th scale figure as size comparison.

How are others going about their tree making activities?

IMG_5578.jpg

IMG_5579.jpg

IMG_5580.jpg

IMG_5581.jpg

IMG_5582.jpg

Edited by Stephen-1260829
Added: The smaller branches were off-cuts of sea foam to form the smaller branches
  • Like 11

The Silver Birch looks very good. The 'Mature Tree' might, and it's only my opinion, benifte from some weathering and a coat of Matt Varnish to the trunk, which to me looks a bit plasticity and shiny. Hope you don't mind me saying this, and it's your tree, so I'm sure whatever you decide, the look will probably grow on you 🙂🌳🌳

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Kenneth-365689 said:

The Silver Birch looks very good. The 'Mature Tree' might, and it's only my opinion, benifte from some weathering and a coat of Matt Varnish to the trunk, which to me looks a bit plasticity and shiny. Hope you don't mind me saying this, and it's your tree, so I'm sure whatever you decide, the look will probably grow on you 🙂🌳🌳

@Kenneth-365689 I don't mind your comment at all 🙂.  I am pleased that you have taken the time to comment. I did paint the mature tree with matt varnish but the varnish was old and probably not as effective as it should be.  I will buy a fresh pot and repaint the trunk.  Better to have new matt varnish for the many more trees to come!!!