Digitrax DH121 decoder and Railmaster

I have bought a loco with a Digitrax DH121 decoder fitted and whilst it works on DC including the directional lighting, I cannot read the decoder with Railmaster???  Checked and Railmaster reads my other Loco's OK so I am assuming there is a compatibility issue??  Can anyone confirm this??

Regards  Joe      

Done that and there is the 123 decoder which was the replacement and a 'generic' digitrax number.  Tried selecting that and still no reading. HOWEVER, found out the 121 was discontinued in 2002 and also it was a pre CV8 reset unit which required CV to be manually addressed for everything.  It is supposed to be NMRA standard but I suspect maybe just too old for Railmaster to deal with??.  No probs if so as the loco price was good even without a decoder anyway..

• Like 1

Could be the old decoder uses paged reading/writing rather than the direct mode which modern decoders use.  Digitrax certainly used to specify their decoders default to Paged mode.  Perhaps Railmaster doesn't use Paged mode (or perhaps it has a setting somewhere to use that mode)?

Something like JMRI DecoderPro software would be able to handle it, but of course you need a suitable PC <> DCC system interface.   I use a SPROG DCC Programmer box. 

Which controller are you using with RM. If the Elite then try using direct programming - i.e. not from within R~m. Elite also supports all programming modes including Paged.

If using eLink then you are stuck with what RM offers.