Silver Jubilee

Silver Fox 17

I now have the standard 7 coach rake for the LNER Silver Jubilee tain. Once Hornby bring out a kitchen car I will make it into the later 8 coach set.

The coach ends are left at the moment as I need to mix some matching paint, I did mix some for the wheels to match the loco body so hopefully not too difficult.

I do know there are faults and hopefully the purists will keep quiet and not complain as some do on various forums.

• Like 8

It’s looking fabulous. I know I’m new here, and I’m definitely no purist. It’s your train, and your train set. It doesn’t matter what anyone else thinks. As long as you are happy and having fun. Nothing else matters. There’s always haters on forums, and rivet counters. If they don’t have something nice to say, don’t say it. You’ve put a lot of work into your train and your layout. I’m glad you’re sharing, it gives me inspiration and ideas 👍🏼

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, GMD said:

That's a very impressive sight Garry - and nice to the layout from a slightly different angle too - I think at about 1:21. 

Thanks Greg, I assume you are on about the high level view into the cutting? It is an area I don't often film due to the limited phone access. I coud get some better shots if I removed the trees but not keen on that, yet.

24 minutes ago, ukpetey said:

There’s always haters on forums, and rivet counters. If they don’t have something nice to say, don’t say it

Thanks for the kind words.

Unfortunately some of the haters get quite nasty. Recently I had to block someone because he would not stop complaining even though 1) he does not do any modeling just rtr, and that is 00, and 2) he does would not accept everything is a compromise because we do not have any parts to do more realistic modelling like we had many, many years ago.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Managed to mix some paint to match the sides so I could paint the ends. Needed 2 coats though.

Decided to take a gamble and got the courage to do all handles and handrails chrome although it does not show up as much.

Put the individual letters on and just need some etched blank plates for the roof boards and the whole train should be finished.

20240914_225523.jpg

Screenshot_20240914_185106_Gallery.jpg

Edited by Silver Fox 17
  • Like 7

well done  great job the rake of coaches in LNER  silver lake  looks wonderful being pulled  by the loco  also in silver lake what a great train to have on  your layout.

i wish i had  half your talent are you going to name train the silver fox lol🙂.

and  Garry don't mind  about the bad people out there i would like to use a four letter word for them  LOVE  not hate😍

Edited by happy tt
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 12/09/2024 at 12:51, Silver Fox 17 said:

I do know there are faults and hopefully the purists will keep quiet and not complain as some do on various forums.

No complaints here.  Looks great!

Chrome is also very tricky to photograph so that it stands out.  I can see the handles and handrails, without a doubt, and chrome they are.  Effort not wasted.

Bee

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, happy tt said:

are you going to name train the silver fox lol

No Happy TT.  A couple of reasons,

1) I already have Silver Fox in BR green and do not like having duplicate names even in different liveries. I also have Silver King and Silver Link in BR green.

2) there are no transfers for the Silver Jubilee models in TT 120, these are unique being a silver and blue shade so a rename would be impossible to do neat, or very, very expensive to get Fox to rescale theirs.  The Corgi model is excellent in that respect, in all respects really except for handrails which would be nicer thinner but I am not touching them.

This is my Silver Fox before it received new name and numbers. At the time I had to hand paint the fox on each side but since then Silver Tay has brought out some etched ones so I might over paint these back to green.

FB_IMG_1726382447059.jpg

FB_IMG_1726382439087.jpg

Edited by Silver Fox 17
  • Like 4

The end of the Silver Jubilee train literally, the rear gangway tailboard has now has the train title.

A few of these named tailboards were made for various named trains. I don't remember ever seeing any, but, not something I would specifically looking for I was only looking at headboards and coachboards in my spotting days.

Screenshot_20240915_194726_Gallery.jpg

Edited by Silver Fox 17
  • Like 2