HM7000 decoders in dummy cars (HST and DMUs)

Hi all, just looking for a quick bit of advice on additional decoders to enable light controls / fans etc

I have the new HST (R30099 in East Coast livery) and an HM7000 21 pin with sound (and iPhone speaker) in the power car.  For the dummy car I was just going to put in the non-sound basic 21 pin HM7000 in to control the fans and lights.  For those that have done similar would you agree or recommend another sound chip instead?  I am not clear on how a second sound chip and speaker would behave via the app, for example would engine noise match the speed of the driving car, would the second speaker spoil the very good sound I currently have if not in sync?

Main reason for asking this question is struggling to find the non sound 21 pin decoder online other than pre-order so I’ve had time to ponder!  If it does add to the sound having a second speaker then I might be tempted.

The only HM7000 decoders currently released are the sound ones (hence non-sound versions are only pre-order.)

With regards controlling the decoders from the app, you currently have to control the decoders individually (the app isn’t capable of performing consisting yet - but this feature is in development.)

Consisting is available in DCC mode & a feature called ‘function masking’ (in the HST profile) is enabled by default, this ensures that a pair of decoders programmed in a consists display correct lights & make appropriate sounds (for front & rear power cars respectively.)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, LTSR_NSE said:

The only HM7000 decoders currently released are the sound ones (hence non-sound versions are only pre-order.)

With regards controlling the decoders from the app, you currently have to control the decoders individually (the app isn’t capable of performing consisting yet - but this feature is in development.)

Consisting is available in DCC mode & a feature called ‘function masking’ (in the HST profile) is enabled by default, this ensures that a pair of decoders programmed in a consists display correct lights & make appropriate sounds (for front & rear power cars respectively.)

Thank you, that explains the lack of availability!  Also good to know the HST will link up happily with the existing profile.

I have a 3-car Bachmann class 170 with 3 8 pin sockets fitted, going to be an expensive one to get set up with HM7000!  Will definitely wait for the non sound decoders for the lighting in the two non power cars, also the consisting feature will be key for controlling that one too.