Bespoke Hornby Digital/Analogue pieces interchangeability?

Captain_Francisco.

Hornby markets the R 8241 as a "Digital Power Track," and the R 8206 simply as a "Power Track," which only appears in the analogue DC equipment section. They look to me to be exactly the same animal, at least superficially. Are they in fact the same, and

interchangeable.

Further, the R 8242 "Digital Power Connecting Clip," and R 602 "Power connecting clip (Analogue)," look the same on the outside; again, are they the same "animal," and usable on either system.

I haven't had the courage to try "cross

breed" them and try, in case something "has an expensive meltdown." If however they are, I have an immediate solution to a minor problem.

I am not an expert with the soldering iron, and only the firmly fixed in place pieces eventually get "the treatment."

On any other part of the layout, still undergoing design and "sudden rush of blood to the brain" modifications, I prefer to use the easily removeable/repositionable type items.

Captain_Francisco. said:

Hornby markets the R 8241 as a "Digital Power Track," and the R 8206 simply as a "Power Track," which only appears in the analogue DC equipment section. They look to me to be exactly the same animal, at least superficially.

Are they in fact the same, and interchangeable.
Further, the R 8242 "Digital Power Connecting Clip," and R 602 "Power connecting clip (Analogue)," look the same on the outside; again, are they the same "animal," and usable on either system.
I haven't

had the courage to try "cross breed" them and try, in case something "has an expensive meltdown." If however they are, I have an immediate solution to a minor problem.
I am not an expert with the soldering iron, and only the firmly fixed in place pieces

eventually get "the treatment." On any other part of the layout, still undergoing design and "sudden rush of blood to the brain" modifications, I prefer to use the easily removeable/repositionable type items.

THANKS FOR ASKING THIS QUESTION,

AS I WAS IN THE SAME BOAT AS YOU AND WAS GOING TO POST THIS QUESTION, SO THIS HAS ANSWERED ALL MY PROBLEMS NOW, SO I TO CAN CONTINUE WITH MY LAYOUT DESIGN
AS LIKE YOU I'M NOT HOT WITH A SOLDERING IRON, PLUS I'VE GOT MY MAIN TWO LOOPS IN PLACE BUT STILL

DESIGNING THE GOODS YARD AND UPPER LEVEL....

Only a pleasure: indeed, this Forum has proved to be, "only a pleasure." The few questions that I have had, that have been "bothering" me, and that I have posted as threads, have been royally answered and explained. Some technical forums can appear like

an "ego trip for the cognoscenti;" not this one! It really welcomes all, and strives to be helpful. Well done & thanks to all you "Hornyby'ists," a sterling breed, and appreciated. Keep up the good work!

Archived