Re Activation Problem - Cannot connect 12029

Yes I am having problems re activating.
Had Rialmaster installed and activated on my laptop ready to use at a Model Rail Exhibition.Wanted to use the recording feature but had too many problems with it and a show was not the place to spend time experimenting.Gave

up.
Got time now and wanted to use it on my main computer.
So I deactivated no problem.
Installed on main computer went to activate and error comes up Unable to enter resource - Cannot connect 0.
Tried again same message but this time with Cannot

connect 12029.

Went back to the laptop and same message.

I am using windows X pro
My Firewall hass been set to allow all activity for Railmaster

I now cannot use the software dispite having paid for it.
I am not a happy bunny.
What

exactly does Cannot connect 12029 mean?
Help please.
I have over the years installed loads of programs but this one has got the better of me.

Like all software error messages the user is not meant to know what they mean, but it helps thhe Helpline.

If you load the evaluation and click on ABOUT box, a window will open, in this window you will see a box with a blue envelope (next to the

"X" box). Click on the blue envelope and you can send a message to RailMaster help line.

Report your problem and the error codes.

poliss, if you have just installed from the CD then you need to download an update file from www.powerpos.com/rail-master/railmaster.exe and save it into your C:\Program Files\RailMaster folder, overwriting the existing file. This brings your version upto

1.21, from 1.20 and will allow you to activate again.

Remember, when you installed you should have right-clicked on the setup program and selected "Run as Administrator" otherwise Windows may not give it access rights to the Internet.

Put the settings back the way they were then kingfisher.
Are you running as administrator as Brightstar said?

Why did microsoft design such a silly operating system? Why shouldn't users be able to understand error messages? Come to that, as computersare

so powerful these days why can't they fix these problems themselves?

Well I have finally got it activated.
I tried the installing as Adminstrator and guess what I never put a password in when I installed XP.
And of course it would not accept a blank imput.
I then tried stage 2. I am down as Adminstrator/user so

I used that & re installed.
I then copied the updated railmaster.exe and bingo it Activated.
I am now playing chuff chuff.
However I shall need to deactivate and put back on the laptop.
Did the same to the laptop and copying the updated Railmaster.exe

did the job..
Thanks fot that LMSTim

Why is there not at the beginning of this forum a Information post letting Railmaster users know ot the update?
And the link to it.
I suspect that there are a lot of activated Railmasters out there and it

is not until they De Activate will they be aware of the problem

Hi All,

MS Windows normally set the first user/installer of the Windows as the administrator, by default and gives this user full administrator rights. Therefore any software installed by this user is treated as being installed by the administrator

and is available to all users, with the exception of the Guest user. Win XP, Vista and Win 7 also gives additional users Admin rights unless specifically restricted by the First User.

There should be no need to use the Run by Administrator instruction.

Could you

expand upon the 'no password entered' scenario: as, like many, I have a 'null' password - and would like to avoid the problem when we install the disc now sitting to my left. I was planning to trial it on my portable before moving it to its final home

on wednesday.

Brightstar
That is what I thought and installed Railmaster straight from the boot CD.
I have concluded that it was not because I had not installed the software correctly but when De activated I was only presented with the window to EXIT BUY ACTIVATE

options. No trial window.
And when following this process the error occurred.

When I copied the updated vers Of Railmaster over the existing version.
When application launched the trial vers window appeared and Activation was not a problem.

That

is telling me that unless you update the vers of Railmaster.exe you will have problems when you De Activate. And try to Re Activate.
Is that correct or have I got it wrong.

Does anyone know if Railmaster will auto update to the new vers or do you

have to do it yourself?

Kingfisher
You need to install from the CD first, then before activating, download the update from www.powerpos.com/rail-master/railmaster.exe and save that file into your C:\program Files folder. That will overwrite the existing one.

Remember,

though, to right-click on the setup file on the CD and "Run as adminitrator".

You should then be able to activate and de-activate without problems.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived