Sir Winston Churchill train pack

Kelvin9

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not sure whether there would be enough interest to make this commercially viable. With a bit of searching around you can almost make up the original train. The loco often appears on that well known auction site, the luggage van was produced by Hornby

fairly recently, and will still be available. I recall from a previous thread that only one coach has not been produced - all the others have appeared in one set or another. If you 'google' the original event, there is a lot of information available.

bulleidboy said:

There is a "new" Hornby Winston Churchill on the auction site now. It is an auction, with a start price of £75.

went to have a look they will not post to new zealand, why do so many people in the uk hate new zealand,

i'm sorry we won the world cup.

bulleidboy said:

I'm not sure whether there would be enough interest to make this commercially viable. With a bit of searching around you can almost make up the original train. The loco often appears on that well known auction site, the luggage

van was produced by Hornby fairly recently, and will still be available. I recall from a previous thread that only one coach has not been produced - all the others have appeared in one set or another. If you 'google' the original event, there is a lot of information

available.

I hope there is a lot of interest going by the amount of people at his funeral.

Kelvin9 said:

bulleidboy said:

I'm not sure whether there would be enough interest to make this commercially viable. With a bit of searching around you can almost make up the original train. The loco often appears on that well known

auction site, the luggage van was produced by Hornby fairly recently, and will still be available. I recall from a previous thread that only one coach has not been produced - all the others have appeared in one set or another. If you 'google' the original

event, there is a lot of information available.
I hope there is a lot of interest going by the amount of people at his funeral.

Sadly Kelvin9, most of those who attended his funeral, will now have passed on, and if you asked the average fifteen

year old in the UK,who was Winston Churchill, they wouldn't have the faintest idea. I was eighteen in 1965, and just about remember the funeral (it was televised), I was also at work, so probably watched it on the news.

bulleidboy said:

Sadly Kelvin9, most of those who attended his funeral, will now have passed on, and if you asked the average fifteen year old in the UK,who was Winston Churchill, they wouldn't have the faintest idea. I was eighteen in 1965,

and just about remember the funeral (it was televised), I was also at work, so probably watched it on the news.

I did go to Clapham Junction with a lot of others to watch it go by. I went to Vauxhall and saw the empty stock going in to Waterloo

with a immaculately cleaned BR Standard 2-6-4T at either end. I still have my rather fuzzy photographs of the train approaching with the 'V' headcode. There were a lot of spotters there, and for this occasion the station staff and police did not harrass us,

well not until the train had gone by that was.

We 'Baby Boomers' were fed a diet of war stories and toys with military association, so Sir Winston Churchill was a hero, and we still had respect for him, and for all the famous Allied persons from WW2.

Heroism and Patriotism was still regarded as 'a good thing' and being British was not something to apologise for.

LC&DR said:

I did go to Clapham Junction with a lot of others to watch it go by. I went to Vauxhall and saw the empty stock going in to Waterloo with a immaculately cleaned BR Standard 2-6-4T at either end. I still have my rather fuzzy photographs

of the train approaching with the 'V' headcode. There were a lot of spotters there, and for this occasion the station staff and police did not harrass us, well not until the train had gone by that was.

We 'Baby Boomers' were fed a diet of war stories

and toys with military association, so Sir Winston Churchill was a hero, and we still had respect for him, and for all the famous Allied persons from WW2. Heroism and Patriotism was still regarded as 'a good thing' and being British was not something to apologise

for.

How times have changed!

oh well thats easy then bump of all the old so and so's and the world economy will be better. well we are at it mybe the do gooders and politcians can go too.............

thinking about it i don't think its such a good idea this forum would become

very dull and who would we have to blame for things going wrong.

i see Sir Winston Churchill was a SR spam can, you lot don't give up NO you can't have a as built or rebuilt or what evey it is was or even may have been MN.

Graskie said:

Hence the opt-out expression "air-smoothed"?

Don't forget that the 'Spam Cans' were designed by the same bloke who designed the 'P2'. Forget all that 'Gresley' stuff, OVSB was the architect of the big 2-8-2s,

Gresley just signed the drawings! Rotary valve gear and all.

Archived