Well its February 1st

Well 1.47's downloaded and my due's are paid..for both RailMaster and Mobile Control (Ipad)

and I have no quarms....well worth the money....unlike a lot of people think..... so just do it...and I do'nt have a full working layout.....not until Detection

....as my layout will be N gauge and I know the detection sensors will be OO/HO size....so....alittle modification may have to be manipulated.....come on Hornby?

I'm only running evaluation versions of both but already had 1.47 loaded. Just opened the iPad app and it downloaded an update and told me it is 1.11, which I think is what was already there. Significantly, it didn't ask me to buy and I didn't go further

as the laptop with RM is off right now so it was going to fail to connect anyway.

Fishmanoz said:

I'm only running evaluation versions of both but already had 1.47 loaded. Just opened the iPad app and it downloaded an update and told me it is 1.11, which I think is what was already there. Significantly, it didn't ask me

to buy and I didn't go further as the laptop with RM is off right now so it was going to fail to connect anyway.

I just filled in the registration form and paid my £9.99 Hornby e-mailed me the code to fill in when I next ran Railmaster and connected via my Ipad....in went the code pressed the tick and hey presto........just need the Detection Phase and hopefully

get on with my layout????

Are you saying you are stuck at 1.46 because 1.47 fails? Does it not download for you or fail to install, and if the latter, what error message do you get?

Whether 10 pounds seems cheap, good value, or expensive will surely be a matter of how much use

you see for it. Some on this forum think buying multiple copies is worth it to them.

Certainly the functionality and reliability of the software is an issue. However, if you check out the threads on this forum, it is clear that the RM people have been

working flat out to improve this and have achieved a lot. Clearly they got the functionality to the point where they decided to go ahead on the promised release date, and they are to be commended for that. It's also clear that, if they stopped further development

right now, the product would not have full functionality and would be less than people are expecting. But there is no evidence to suggest this will be the case, in fact the evidence is to the contrary and I believe that improvement will continue apace.

But

then, maybe I am too trusting and you have it right. Time will tell and you can always delay you purchasing decision until the improvements occur (or not).

Nothing to do with firewalls, RM gave me the wrong link to Powerpos. Found old address and put in 147 at end and all worked ok.

However iphone demo only works sometimes so not sure whether to spend the £9.99.

It's not the price but the principle

after shelling out £1000+ for dcc layout, logmein was free couldn't Hornby have made it free to the people who have stayed loyal and kept with RM throughout all the changes & updates.

Why is it that the downloads are not through the Hornby site?

Life

used to be so much simpler when I set up my 15' oval, wound my O gauge, pulled out the forward rod and watched it go round, wished I still had it !!!!!!!

Can you be more specific about it only working sometimes please? I find it takes forever polling the RM IP address from my iPad to set itself up initially.

I think the reason everything is coming from Powerpos is that they have been changing things

at a great rate during beta testing so it has been easier for the development team to have the updates on their own site. And for Rm itself, you can't tell where the updates are coming from if they happen from within RM. in fact, the only thing you get via

Hornby is the evaluation version anyway. Why they only sell the full version via CD not online is a mystery though.

Archived