Model Railway - What's your latest acquisition?

I do that to. Howver, as you know I am a Thomas collector, so I mainly buy from Hornby. I buy Bachmann (USA) Thomas models, to but the Hornby is easier to get in this country and I like the detail they have on them, despite not being very child friendly!

Only the locomotives and coaches are smaller. The toolings that Bachmann USA use for the wagons have the same toolings from the Bachmann UK range, just less detailed. So it is all strange put together, with all not being the same scale.

The Bachmann Thomas range also dosen't have the same detail as the Hornby range does. They are peoduced minded for children only.

The only thing I don't like about the Bachmann Thomas rnage is that they add to much lead or something, because the paint on everything is to shiney. It makes the loco's and the rolling stock very toy like.

Two warning notes are always included on the back of the blister packs as well, for the Bachmann Trains Thomas & Friends HO/OO products.

The first warning note says:

WARNING: CONTAINS LEAD. MAY BE HARMFUL IF EATEN OR CHEWED. MAY GENERATE DUST CONTAINING LEAD. KEEP OUT OF THE REACH OF CHILDREN.

Now let me analyze this note, before I post the second warning label, which is alarming to read.

MAY BE HARMFUL IF EATEN OR CHEWED.

Hello, Bachmann Trains? Who in their right mind is going to chew or eat their model railway locomotive or rolling stock?! It's so silly!

Time for a snack I think! Maybe a nibble of my new GWR Cattle Wagon will do! No, I'm joking!

KEEP OUT OF THE REACH OF CHILDREN.

Now this is the funniest of them all. "Keep our of the reach of children". Is there an echo? YES! What on earth is that doing on the back of a Thomas & Friends licensed and branded product?! All Thomas & Friends products should be child friendly, so a child should be able to use this product. If not, then who is it for? Obviously there are adult collectors out there, who buy them, like me, but still, I assume more children buy these products than adults. It's just so laughable.

The second warning note says:

WARNING:

This product contains a chemical known to the state of California to casue cancer, birth defects or other reproductive harm.

Let me analyze this one, as well.

This product contains a chemical known to the state of California to casue cancer, birth defects or other reproductive harm.

I don't know many parent's who will allow their children to have a product with a warning note as such as this one, on the packaging. Again, it's so daft to have chemicals included on the product, that has been produced for children. It is somewhat laugable, but still serious and is something that should be serious.

Anyway, thank you bearing with me, while I rant on! 😆

Is that right Jacob, I wonder why they use OO wagons. Bit strange as they are mainly for the USA. Bet the Americans aren't very happy about that. 

Yes that is right, WTD. I don't understand it either. So part the range is HO, some of it is OO. All of it is labelled as HO, anyway.

I don't think they know to be honest with you. There can't get UK Bachmann products over there, so I suspect they don't notice that the tooling for the wagons came from the UK range.