Locomotive Control and direction

Desperate_Dave

I have a Select controller and one of my locomotives moves in the opposite direction to the green arrow. I have tried correcting this by following the instructions on Page 12 of the manual. It says 'Press and hold the unlit direction key and the LCD will

display either FD or RD' but it doesn't - nothing happens. Has anyone had this problem please?

The method of changing the default direction was changed.

In Select version 1.2 the Decoder Default Direction is now set with a two key operation. This is now achieved by pressing and holding the “0” and one of the Direction Arrow buttons at the

same time for 3 seconds.

• 10 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Agreed.  Select 1.2 has been around for ages, Hornby should have updated the online version of the manual by now.

There is a posting by Hornby back in 2012, link here:

https://www.hornby.com/forum/select-v12-firmware-changes-%2812-30-03%29-/

Worth reading the whole post if you have a Select as it also talks about power, and accessory decoder addressing, both of which are common and recent issues on this forum.

According to that posting (and my Select) the digits 12, 30, 03 will now be displayed on start up if you have v1.2 which is the latest version.  If you don't you have to send the Select back to Hornby in Margate, from same posting:

<quote>

You can send your Selects in for an update; this is free of charge. Please attach a covering letter explaining the issue and send to:

FAO - Repairs Dept
Hornby Hobbies
Westwood
Margate
Kent
CT9 4JX

<end quote>

BTW if the link I included doesn't work just search for select v1.2 in the forum search bar.

Archived