RailMaster 1.51 Lost Beeps.

• 2 weeks later...

I didn't answer as I don't have one. There doesn't seem to be any sound on/off setting in RM so it should only depend on your sound settings on your PC or laptop. The sound must be turned on and turned up, but you seem to cover this in your question.

Apart

from that,try checking with RM Support by sending them an email from the Help tab in RM.

Not a technical answer - but this happened to me during E-Link set-up, after several re-boots and a call to Hornby it all came back. I didn't ask Hornby about the beeps (my call was to do with the failed handshake issue that I kept getting) but the beep

thing got fixed by default. You seem to have covered everything that seems sensible and as Fishmanoz says as its an RM issue then the support request has to go to them via the e-mail link (not to Hornby)> Sorry not to be more helpful. R-

Although we have received no emails or Help Requests in the past regarding this, we have been reading this thread and looking into what might be causing the issue of hearing no system sounds when pressing buttons in RailMaster, even though the setting

is enabled.

Firstly, the system sounds are enabled or disabled by one setting in the RailMaster settings window - "Enable system sounds". When checked, a short beep will be heard when pressing control buttons within RailMaster.

The system sound

setting relies on Windows to produce the beep (i.e. it is not generated by RailMaster) therefore if the sound does not work this is outside RailMaster. Obvious things to check are that the Windows sound system is enabled (i.e. no problems with your sound card)

and that it is not muted.

Another thing to check is, can you play station announcements from within RailMaster, when using the programming system. This facility uses the media player engine within Windows, which is different from the 'beep' generator.

RailMaster

uses many Windows 'devices' to operate, from USB handling through to networking and sound generation. It is therefore important that all Windows components and drivers are installed and working correctly.

RogerB said:

Not a technical answer - but this happened to me during E-Link set-up, after several re-boots and a call to Hornby it all came back. I didn't ask Hornby about the beeps (my call was to do with the failed handshake issue that

I kept getting) but the beep thing got fixed by default. You seem to have covered everything that seems sensible and as Fishmanoz says as its an RM issue then the support request has to go to them via the e-mail link (not to Hornby)> Sorry not to be more helpful.

R-

nailsatlarge said:

RogerB said:

Not a technical answer - but this happened to me during E-Link set-up, after several re-boots and a call to Hornby it all came back. I didn't ask Hornby about the beeps (my call was to do with the failed

handshake issue that I kept getting) but the beep thing got fixed by default. You seem to have covered everything that seems sensible and as Fishmanoz says as its an RM issue then the support request has to go to them via the e-mail link (not to Hornby)> Sorry

not to be more helpful. R-

My apologies for not responding sooner; lost password problem.

Solved by reinstalling Windows.

My thanks to all who responded.

Archived