DISCOUNT VOUCHER - WASTE OF TIME

Compbck

I have just made a purchase of a Hornby BR 2-8-0 52XX loco which was priced at £137.49.

A couple of weeks ago I purchased another item and was sent voucher worth £10 to be spent on my next purchase before 31st July 2013.

Being a Club Member

I thought I may be able to get quite a bit of discount on this purchase, firstly 10% (club member discount) amounting to £13.75 and at the same time I will add the discount voucher of £10 to the order, and gullibly thinking that my final purchase price would

have been reduced to about £113.74.

To my surprise the discount voucher did not register with the order. However, it did say on the voucher cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer. I did not consider that being a club member with an automatic

discount built into my membership, that it also constituted being another offer that precluded the use of a "Goodwill" token.

If Hornby have me registered as club member - why on earth send me a voucher in the first place if I cannot use it in conjunction

with my club discount.

Is there anyone else out there who has come across this conflict of discounts before.

Regards to all

I am aware that if you shop around you can get deals elsewhere, but as a club member I feel slightly obliged to support Hornby in what is becoming a very competitive market place. As a self-employed owner of an IT company I do not have the spare time to

hunt around every supplier on the net in order to save a couple of quid here and there, but if a possible deal exists on Hornby's site I do expect to take full advantage of it.

If you buy a Hornby product from anybody you're still supporting Hornby.

I agree it's a bit daft not letting you have the extra 10%.

I just put the R number in google and the third shop I looked at had the offer, took about 2 minutes. That

particular loco is quite rare at the moment.

• 1 year later...

Archived