Is it possible to run analogue loco on e.link DCC track?

roystrains

I have upgraded from Select DCC to e.link and whereas I could previously run my non converted locos on Select under the "0" setting I don't seem to be able to do this on e.link.

Would there be any harm to system if I also connected the Select controller

through an extra digital power track so that I could run non converted locos through this ?

Concerning the Select part of the question, no you cannot connect it too. It is only possible to have one DCC controller on any layout. You can only connect a second one to a completely isolated layout. This is done on very large layouts where the separated

sections are called different power districts. And then a power booster is often used to run the second power district.

Fishmanoz said:

Concerning the Select part of the question, no you cannot connect it too. It is only possible to have one DCC controller on any layout. You can only connect a second one to a completely isolated layout. This is done on very

large layouts where the separated sections are called different power districts. And then a power booster is often used to run the second power district.

@roystrains

I know this does not answer your question but I believe the safest way forward is to gradually fit DCC decoders to your DC loco's but in the meantime if you want to run them, create a completely separate track layout, powered by a DC controller.

As has been stated above, it is not advisable to run non DCC loco's on a DCC layout and you can only run one at once anyway.

Archived