Paired Points Left and Right

Hi I have been trying to setup Railmaster so that it will illustrate correctly paired points.
I have a right hand and left hand at each end of a passing loop, I have wired them together into the Points decoder and they work perfectly together. If I

add these 2 points into the Railmaster trackplan and default one to left and one to right they will not work, if both are set to right they work okay, but doing this one on the point illustrations shows the incorrect road as open. Am I setting something incorrectly,

any suggestion will be welcome
Regards

If you have both points connected to one output of the decoder the address would be the same for both points.
Assuming the left hand point is at the left hand end of the passing loop to default to the straight road you would set this as green(right)

The

right hand point at the right hand end of the loop you would set as red(left) which would also take the straight route.

Remember the red light is always the left hand route the green is always the right hand route, I got this wrong a few times which

initially caused an issue.

In the pop up window set the address the same for both points, I will test it out later but it should work.
What I have had to do is swap over the wires from the point motor to the decoder so that the actual point position

matches the blue indicator line on the Railmaster drawing.

Cheers

Ian

Phil: The problem can be, that through actual geometry, it is desirable to match a 'left' on one point with a 'right' on another. This may occur more with points used in the 'Normal/straight' and 'Reverse/diverge' way of operating (more prototypical).

However,

a 'solution' or workaround is to remember that the graphic display is only a TOPOLOGICAL representation of the real track - and icons for LEFT points may work better in the diagram than a RIGHT hand point (or half a double slip) it represents.
So, try using

a different icon ... as long as the route that is finally selected matches
what the layout actually does!

Hint to Developers: Some alternative s/w allows the user to swap the L/R setting over, on a point by point basis ... this ALSO allows customers

to set the screen up as more prototypical Normal/Reverse operation style IF THEY WISH. Along with some double slips (for both single and double motor types) and 3-way points, and level crossings etc.

• 1 year later...
It would be helpful if there was a youtube type tutorial on setting up point groups, I cannot seem to get it right, David R

@Phil_Spiegel.

I am compiling a list of features we would like to see in Railmaster and this is contained in the thread 'Desirable features..........'
If you would like this one adding, could you please enter it in bullet form on that thread.

Archived