Hornby Railmaster - strange items appearing?

I am using RailMaster Evaluation software until the Majestic set is launched.

I designed my layout in TrackMaster then created a working copy using RailMaster.

The layout is complete and looks the part but, on the bottom left and bottom right

corner are some small images, not touching the track, they look like egg timers on their side and are red and yellow.

Can anyone confirm what these are please?

I'm inclined to reply that they are just tipsy red and yellow egg timers, and they are only a problem late on Friday nights when they are likely to want to play on the tracks, but that would just be flippant.

Are they only visible in design mode?

I seem to remember when I was designing my layout that artefacts of joins between track pieces tended to hang around even after I'd deleted the pieces. But then they cleaned up and disappeared after saving and getting out of the design window. Cold they be

something lifted over from anything you deleted? I certainly can't see that they are anything real.

The pieces mentioned are 'fill-ins' between joined track pieces, which make the join appear continuous. On very rare occasions you may see these on the plan after you have deleted a number of track elements.

Coming out of RailMaster, then going

back in and loading the plan should resolve this. We have never seen a situation where these pieces are left on a plan.

If 'fill-ins' are still visible after you reload a plan then use the Help Request system to send a message to RailMaster Support,

which will also include a copy of your plan. we can then fix the plan as there may have been a corruption when saving at some point.

HornbyRailMasterSupport said:

The pieces mentioned are 'fill-ins' between joined track pieces, which make the join appear continuous. On very rare occasions you may see these on the plan after you have deleted a number of track elements.

Coming

out of RailMaster, then going back in and loading the plan should resolve this. We have never seen a situation where these pieces are left on a plan.

If 'fill-ins' are still visible after you reload a plan then use the Help Request system to send a

message to RailMaster Support, which will also include a copy of your plan. we can then fix the plan as there may have been a corruption when saving at some point.

Coming

out of RailMaster, then going back in and loading the plan should resolve this. We have never seen a situation where these pieces are left on a plan.

If 'fill-ins' are still visible after you reload a plan then use the Help Request system to send a

message to RailMaster Support, which will also include a copy of your plan. we can then fix the plan as there may have been a corruption when saving at some point.

PJ_model_trains said:

The pieces mentioned are 'fill-ins' between joined track pieces, which make the join appear continuous. On very rare occasions you may see these on the plan after you have deleted

a number of track elements.

Coming out of RailMaster, then going back in and loading the plan should resolve this. We have never seen a situation where these pieces are left on a plan.

If 'fill-ins' are still visible after you reload a plan then

use the Help Request system to send a message to RailMaster Support, which will also include a copy of your plan. we can then fix the plan as there may have been a corruption when saving at some point.

Hi thanks for your reply. The items

have now gone. They were on the bottom corners and did look a little like diamond shape/egg timers that could be part of the angle joints in that area. I tried the various percentage increases and decreases to the view but they still stopped there.

They

are all clear now. Thank you

Coming out of RailMaster, then going back in and loading the plan should resolve this. We have never seen a situation where these pieces are left on a plan.

As support says they should disappear

after a reload.
You even get these in a top end CAD program and they are known as artifacts. Some CAD programs have a redraw feature to clear them.

Archived