incorporating background sounds in railmaster

mazdaman said:

I,ve recently bought the elink and raimaster and want to use some downloaded railway sounds that i have as wav /mp3 .

can someone detail the process of adding these to railmaster and then being able to include them in

automatic operation

Hi Mazdaman,
You can put your files into the Sounds folder within the Railmaster folder. You could even create a new folder within the Sounds folder if you want to keep your files separated from those supplied with RM. When

you subsequently create a program to automate the running of your trains, you can play these sounds using the Program Command Play Sound facility.
Ray

PJ_model_trains said:

How do you create a floating sound button/bar in RM?

Double click on the RM logo at the bottom of the main screen and this will cause the button bar to appear. You can then add buttons to play sounds or

execute route settings. If you then double click on the logo again the button bar disappears. Trouble is thereafter the button bar seems to appear every time you load up RM, even if it was hidden when you last closed down RM. Can anyone confirm this or otherwise

before I raise a query with Hornby?
Ray

RDS said:

@mazdaman
Would it not be possible to just install a speaker under your layout, plugged into the speaker or Headphone output from the PC and use the PC to act as your mp3 player.

In my spares box I had several

superb pod speakers complete with mounting brackets that came with mobile phone hands-free kits for cars.
I bought a 3.5mm stereo jack to 2 x mono sockets adapter and 2 long mono jack to socket extension leads. These in total cost less than a fiver postage

free from fleabay.
Now I plug the adapter into my pc audio out socket, plug each extension lead into the 2 x mono sockets on that adapter and plug the other end of the extension leads into my 2 x speakers located by my stations.
Now I can use RM to send

sounds to left or right speaker channels and jobs a gud'un.

St1ngr4y said:

Double click on the RM logo at the bottom of the main screen and this will cause the button bar to appear. You can then add buttons to play sounds or execute route settings. If you then double click on the logo again the button

bar disappears. Trouble is thereafter the button bar seems to appear every time you load up RM, even if it was hidden when you last closed down RM. Can anyone confirm this or otherwise before I raise a query with Hornby?
Ray

Many thanks for

the lead Ray.

I have found the button bar and had a play, then had problems so referred to RM Pdf file pages 70-71.

I chose loco and from the drop down list chose my loco no problem.

I chose sound (and route) and nothing came up in the

drop down menu?

I then searched .wav files and added what I found in the Sounds folder this worked.

I looked in the RailMaster folder for Route and there wasn't a folder for route and it is not recognisiing the program files saved in the root

directory of RM? .prg files

Have you any idea why I cannot see the program files?

St1ngr4y said:

Double click on the RM logo at the bottom of the main screen and this will cause the button bar to appear. You can then add buttons to play sounds or execute route settings. If you then double click on the logo again the button

bar disappears. Trouble is thereafter the button bar seems to appear every time you load up RM, even if it was hidden when you last closed down RM. Can anyone confirm this or otherwise before I raise a query with Hornby?
Ray

Brilliant I have

the floating button ;-) I am not worried about it popping up every time I start RM it is easy to hide it.

TESTING
I went to add a loco, drop down list appeared, I named it, job done.

I went to add a sound, chose option, tried drop down menu

but no sound files? I checked the RM Pdf pages 70-71 seems ok? I then searched *.wav, found them and copied them in to the sound folder, it said some were there so I didn't over write them.I then tried again and the sound files were there.

Next I tried

the routes. followed the same procedure. No route files came up? I checked RM, the program files previously saved were in the route directory of RM, so I created a route folder and copied the route files into it. Tried again but sadly no routes in drop down

menu?

Does anyone know what I am doing wrong here?

Hi PJ,

You need to create some routes first, as described under Point Control Buttons/Lights on pages 55-56 of the latest pdf guide.

You need to go into the layout designer and open up your layout. Choose a point you wish to have as part of a new

route, and right-click on the red/green button to open up the configuration window. You will see a dropdown list entitled ROUTES which will be empty if you haven't created any routes yet. So click on the top row of this list. It should divide into two, the

left being yet another dropdown list. Type in the name of a new route e.g. "Siding A to Platform 3". Now click on the right hand half of the row and it should put a green circle in for you by default, indicating switch the point right. If you want it to switch

left, click on the green circle to turn it to red. This point is now part of a new route which you have set up. Now right-click on a different point in the same route. Click on the first row of the ROUTES and again it will divide into two. Click on the pulldown

arrow for this dropdown box. You should see there the name of the route you have just configured, so click on it. Again, click on the right half of the row to select the red or green circle. You have just created your first route containing two point movements.

The name you gave the route should now appear in the floating button bar.

Ray

St1ngr4y said:

Hi PJ,
You need to create some routes first, as described under Point Control Buttons/Lights on pages 55-56 of the latest pdf guide.
You need to go into the layout designer and open up your layout. Choose a point you

wish to have as part of a new route, and right-click on the red/green button to open up the configuration window. You will see a dropdown list entitled ROUTES which will be empty if you haven't created any routes yet. So click on the top row of this list.

It should divide into two, the left being yet another dropdown list. Type in the name of a new route e.g. "Siding A to Platform 3". Now click on the right hand half of the row and it should put a green circle in for you by default, indicating switch the point

right. If you want it to switch left, click on the green circle to turn it to red. This point is now part of a new route which you have set up. Now right-click on a different point in the same route. Click on the first row of the ROUTES and again it will divide

into two. Click on the pulldown arrow for this dropdown box. You should see there the name of the route you have just configured, so click on it. Again, click on the right half of the row to select the red or green circle. You have just created your first

route containing two point movements. The name you gave the route should now appear in the floating button bar.
Ray

Hi ray

Thanks for your help. I have managed to create a couple of small Routes to test and get them to show. That

is fine and the points change.

I now need to look further. Are these just route setters (with points) or can I add locos to run those routes also so when I click the button for Route A station 1 platform 1 to station b platform 2 and loco start and

finish in the correct stations?

PJ_model_trains said:

Hi ray

Thanks for your help. I have managed to create a couple of small Routes to test and get them to show. That is fine and the points change.

I now need to look further. Are these just route setters

(with points) or can I add locos to run those routes also so when I click the button for Route A station 1 platform 1 to station b platform 2 and loco start and finish in the correct stations?

This should have been in... Routes and programming

in RM
I will comment in the appropriate category

Archived