ok, so what am i doing wrong in railmaster (elink)

yelrow. Wanted to upgrade majestic programme to larger circuit. Could not find full Trackmat in list of plans, but did find oval plus track plan E . Built the track typed in plan, but railmaster could not find it. So ,when you have picked a prelisted programme

from list, how do you impliment it. End of me trying to be clever, john

@yelrow

Hi John

I'm not sure that this is what you want (or mean) but you select the spanner icon, (System Settings) and then pick the plan you require from the drop-down for the start-up track.

The chosen plan will then be displayed on start-up.

RDS said:

@yelrow
Hi John
I'm not sure that this is what you want (or mean) but you select the spanner icon, (System Settings) and then pick the plan you require from the drop-down for the start-up track.
The chosen plan will then

be displayed on start-up.

hi, rds, thats what i am on about. i did all that . selected from list, oval, plus f track plan, but when i try to show it in list with majestic, sample etc, it does not appear. I have made up the track to this plan, and want to set up locos, to run it.

I have the circuit on screen, but not in window with others, and i want to run this programme. eg, like i ran majestic. I positioned the locos then, and they ran themselves. Is this making sense, john

RDS said:

@yelrow
Hi John
The chosen plan will then

be displayed on start-up.

Hi John,
First of all, to avoid confusion you shouldn't refer to the layout plan as a program - that is something quite different. Did you do as RDS suggested and make the plan you have as your default by going into

the System Settings?
Ray

I'm not quite sure what you mean either John, but let's look at it all.

You can select any track plan in the list as your default in System Settings.

In the track design window, you can start with nothing, design a plan and save it into

the list by any name you like. Or you can start with any plan in the list, Majestic or otherwise, modify it, and save it in the list. If you modify one that comes with RM, I suggest you save it by a name you choose, not the name it came with in RM because

an RM upgrade will overwrite it back to the original layout if you don't. Having designed and saved your own layout, you can now make it the default.

That should cover everything?

when is a programme not a programme. The majestic set when you dial it up and press start, the PROGRAMME runs, eg the trains move by themselves. I had located layout plan F, merged it with the majestic programme, and asked it to run. What i was not getting,

was the name of my new layout, in the window with others. Sure it appeared on screen, but it would not join the list, with sample, majestic, etc.. Sorry, if i caused confusion, but its no good having all these experts on line, waiting to help, if you dont

make use of them. One last question, on the majestic programme it shows sounds, which i dont get. I have station announcements, but no sounds, do i have to activate these somehow, cheers, yelrow

Ok John, this is where it gets confusing. I'm pretty sure you know what a Trackplan is, or you could call it a layout. Your Majestic set has track which makes up a layout and that layout or Trackplan is also in the list of plans in RM, and I assume comes

as the default when you first start up according to the instructions with the set. So the track you have built to run your trains is the same as the plan in RM.

A program is quite different. It is a list of instructions as to what your trains are to

do when the program is run. Let me illustrate by way of the simple way you can create a program. You simply turn on the recorder and manually play with your trains. You could start with one train in the station and the other elsewhere on the layout, start

the one in the station and run it around the loop until you get to a siding, change the siding point and run the train into it, change the point back and then carry out some manoeuvres with the other train until it ends up somewhere else on the layout, maybe

in another siding. Now you can turn off the recorder and you have a program which you can name and which you can run at a later time to make the trains do exactly what you just did without your having touch the controls. That is a program, not a Trackplan

or layout.

So when you say you have taken a layout and merged it with a program, that's where it gets confusing to us, because that is not possible. It is possible to merge programs with each other, but it isn't possible to merge trackplans. You can

make your own Trackplan and save it with your own name. And it is possible to do that by starting with any of the plans already in RM and changing them. When you have finished changing them, you can save them by any name you like and that name will now appear

in the trackplans list and you can make it your default. If you don't save it this way, it will not be in the list and it will disappear when you close RM.

Do you understand the difference now? Hopefully the answer is yes. Now can you try explaining

again what you did and what the problem you are having with it? Then we can try to answer for you.

On sounds, RM has a range of sounds that you can play either manually (I think) or by calling them up in a program you design. Hope this helps.

Hang on, Fishy, I think I know where John is coming from. In the RM folder there is a track plan called "Majestic train set". There is also a program called "Majestic Sample Program". Now I think I've seen somewhere that when you create a program, it becomes

linked internally in some way to your default track plan. Maybe these two items are connected in this way when they are distributed with RM.

John says " I had located layout plan F, merged it with the majestic programme, and asked it to run. What i was

not getting, was the name of my new layout, in the window with others."

So, John, what is the name of the layout which you have set as your default i.e. the one which appears when you first load RM?

Ray

Fishmanoz said:

Interesting possibility Ray. But if a program is linked to the default layout, what happens when you change it?

What I mean is that somewhere in the .prg file is the name of the plan so that that program can only

be executed when that plan is the default layout.
Ray

@Fishmanoz

I found this on page 64 of the current pdf guide:-

"The first thing you will notice is the name of the default track plan which is

loaded. Programs are written against the currently loaded track plan, so if the

desired track plan

is not displayed at the top of the window then you should

set it within System Settings and restart RailMaster then go into the

programming screen again."

ST1ng4y, from yelrow. You are exactly right, you can take the pre loaded majastic programme, and attach it to any track plan you like. I made layout plan F. called it johns first and attached majestic programme to it. After a lot of trial and error the

layout appears on screen, when you put johns first in the, little box whre sample, majestic etc are. I can get this to run, with announcements, but cannot get any sounds, horn , whistle etc. Any advice here would help. I as usual am very grateful to _ fishy,_

as using the recorder , had not occurred to me. But i would like some sound. Its not often that we beat fishy, but on this occasion, may be a first. I have proved by pure ignorance, that you can merge/ attach to others. Still waiting for any advice about easiest

point motor to set up, thanks, john

Always happy to be proved wrong or still having something to learn John.

Will be interested in your answer to Ray's above too. And especially how a program can work if attached to a different layout. Your trains could be on a route to nowhere.

Archived