Tiling Loco control windows

Previously you could "Tile" more than one loco control window in Railmaster, now only one. Would like to tile more than 2 at least and preferably increase the number of columns of locos displayed to be more than two. Have 18 engines on layout at one time,

running 6 continuously - hard to keep track of!

This is one of the major frustrations of DCC, finding the loco, especially if you have over 80 (Don't tell the missus!)

Grouping helps, although it does add a 'layer' to finding locos, once you select a group you have fewer to look through, as long

as you remember which group you placed your loco into in the first place.

I group by company, BR, LNER, LMS, etc and also by era.

@Michael_A

I think a Database of some sort (a spreadsheet possibly) is required with fields for at least, era, Class of Loco, Running Number, DDC ID number.

I have also added, Date of Purchase, Cost (you may not wish to have this one!), Supplier,

and a notes field to cover any maintenance I have done.

I realise that I do not have anywhere near as many loco's but even with a smaller collection, I find it worthwhile.

Michael_A said:

This is one of the major frustrations of DCC, finding the loco, especially if you have over 80 (Don't tell the missus!)

Grouping helps, although it does add a 'layer' to finding locos, once you select a group you have

fewer to look through, as long as you remember which group you placed your loco into in the first place.

I group by company, BR, LNER, LMS, etc and also by era.

Sit down and note what you would search to find the loco, do you have Excel?

If you do it is easy, just create columns for all search criteria, era, company, name of loco, steam diesel, wheels (0-6-0, 4-6-2 etc you may have to add ' in front to stop it being mathematical). Then row my row add every loco.

You will be able to

search the whole sheet and also sort any column to group them.

JungleRepairer said:

Previously you could "Tile" more than one loco control window in Railmaster, now only one. Would like to tile more than 2 at least and preferably increase the number of columns of locos displayed to be more than two.

Have 18 engines on layout at one time, running 6 continuously - hard to keep track of!

You would think it was as simple as editing a line in the .ini file to 0, 1, 2, 3, etc or being able to do this in the setup panel by expanding the existing 1

or 2 selection to 0 (for auto arrange) , 3, 4, etc.
In addition it would be nice to be able to scale the panels to fit by dragging the loco panel window to width.

RAF96 said:

JungleRepairer said:

You would think it was as simple as editing a line in the .ini file to 0, 1, 2, 3, etc or being able to do this in the setup panel by expanding the existing 1 or 2 selection to 0 (for auto arrange)

, 3, 4, etc.
In addition it would be nice to be able to scale the panels to fit by dragging the loco panel window to width.

I agree with Graskie.
Why not add your suggestion to our 'Desirable Features' thread in the RailMaster section.

Archived