Train Tech pc2 setup

Hi, I've just purchased railmaster with elink. I also have two PC2 decoders. Can some one help me setting them up with railmaster. Ie what model to select in the decoder. How to set them up correctly. Many thanks. I'm using a 5amp 15v psu.

I am assuming you are asking because PC2 isn't in the list somewhere? I don't use Hornby decoders either - I just tried the top top selection first (Hornby decoder) and it worked just fine. Suggest you try that and maybe work down the list if unsuccessful.

I see from the product PDF that the PC2 takes power and command from the DCC bus so you may get a different result. Good luck. R-

Hi,

I found the traintech PC2 very easy to set up.

1. Connect points to the PC2

2. Connect the PC2 to the live power feed (not the programming track)

3. In the Track design screen - Add the points in to your railmaster and allocate

them a DCC ID (in sequential numbers)

4. Press the "learn" button on the PC2. (all four leds should flash)

5. Change the point direction in railmaster screen on the point which is in the No1 plug.

6. The lights should stop flashing on the PC2 and

your done (all fours points done)

I must admit with mine the numbers didn't allocate right first time, so when I clicked on the mimic diagram different points changed - just swap the connectors they are in on the PC2 until it is right.

Regards,

Ian.

Ian1971 said:

Hi,

I found the traintech PC2 very easy to set up.

1. Connect points to the PC2
2. Connect the PC2 to the live power feed (not the programming track)
3. In the Track design screen - Add the points in to your

railmaster and allocate them a DCC ID (in sequential numbers)
4. Press the "learn" button on the PC2. (all four leds should flash)
5. Change the point direction in railmaster screen on the point which is in the No1 plug.
6. The lights should stop

flashing on the PC2 and your done (all fours points done)

I must admit with mine the numbers didn't allocate right first time, so when I clicked on the mimic diagram different points changed - just swap the connectors they are in on the PC2 until it

is right.

Regards,
Ian.

Hi Ian,
That's exact what I needed, thanks.
Did you select them as hornby points?

Thanks again.

With all decoders programmed in learn mode, which includes the pc2, it is irrelevant which decoder you define them to be except, if they program in groups of 4, pick a 4-port type, and if they program individually, pick a single port type.

The

type is really only relevant when you directly program decoder address into the decoder on the programming track and particularly so if you also want to adjust pulse length.

@Ian1971

Thank you for sharing your instructions.

RogerB states above that the PC2 takes power and command from the DCC bus. Does that mean that you do not have extra wires that need to run to the decoder?

If so, this is very interesting and

could take my '1 connection to the track' design, even further.

@RDS

This is the whole point of having a DCC bus. Not only can you feed the track with droppers at appropriate intervals, but you can place an accessory decoder on the layout in the vicinity of the points and/or signals it controls, and it picks up

its power and commands via its own two droppers to the bus.

Ray

@St1ngr4y

Ray, Yes I understand what you mean but I do not want (or need) a Bus.

My track is the Bus.

I think I will try adding another R8206 and take the power and commands back from the track that way.

St1ngr4y said:

@RDS
This is the whole point of having a DCC bus. Not only can you feed the track with droppers at appropriate intervals, but you can place an accessory decoder on the layout in the vicinity of the points and/or signals

it controls, and it picks up its power and commands via its own two droppers to the bus.
Ray

Excellent! Well put Ray.

Email TRAIN TECH they will give you a point by point answer to setting up their point controllers. I have 2 controlling 8 points some paired. These are the easiest of all point controllers to set up as they have their own CDU inbuilt. I have already posted

this on the Forum as I was having problems setting up ESU decoders my comments should be in there

Accessory decoders come in 2 types for programming: those that program in learn mode where you simply throw the desired point to program them; and those where you must set them up on the programming track and explicitly enter the address you want. The

former are clearly simpler to program and the pc2 is one of them. Also, all decoders designed to be connected to the DCC supply for power and throw solenoid point motors contain CDUs, and again the pc2 is one of them.

Archived