second set of wires, plus other makes of loco on railmaster

Yelrow

hi, Question 1, can i keep a set ow wires permanently linked to elink, to programming track, for ease of use, and 2, have set up 2 new locos by numbers/ names on railmaster, so that they will run, but can i type in the make of loco, on, or add to existing

list. EG, could i add a triang castle to hornby list, and how, thanks, john

Yes, you can leave the programming output permanently connected.

Best way to do it is to have an isolated with IRJs siding powered via a double pole double throw break before make switch with programming output connected one way and track the other.

Normally you would have track selected. Then you can put a new loco on the layout and run into the siding using default ID 03, switch to programming output and do your programming. When finished, switch back to track and you can drive it out again on the new

address.

And yes, you can have Hornby and non-Hornby locos in your list. It's all covered in the manual. Have a read and ask if you have any specific questions after.

Fishmanoz said:

Best way to do it is to have an isolated with IRJs siding powered via a double pole double throw break before make switch with programming output connected

one way and track the other. Normally you would have track selected. Then you can put a new loco on the layout and run into the siding using default ID 03, switch to programming output and do your programming. When finished, switch back to track and you can

drive it out again on the new address.

And yes, you can have Hornby and non-Hornby locos in your list. It's all covered in the manual. Have a read and ask if you have any specific questions after.

I use my rolling road as a prog track.

I have a DPDT switch to toggle it from main track control to OFF to prog track control. Very handy for tweaking CVs on the main.

Fishmanoz said:

Best way to do it is to have an isolated with IRJs siding powered via a double pole double throw break before make switch with programming output connected

one way and track the other. Normally you would have track selected. Then you can put a new loco on the layout and run into the siding using default ID 03, switch to programming output and do your programming. When finished, switch back to track and you can

drive it out again on the new address.

Archived