Unboxed Models

Shadow.Monk

Hi Hornby Forums! I am going to be getting a few models, unfortunatley they are unboxed. What do you reccomend I do with unboxed locomotives to make sure that they don't get damaged and that they are well taken care of? Thanks for the help :) ShadowMonk

I use Shoe boxes with this bouncy fome stuff (not sure what it's called!)
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Bechio has done it again for leeds, right into the top corner, Leeds have won the game

At most of the model railway shows I have attended, there is normally someone selling boxes for loco's. I recall they come in three sizes and are not expensive. However I have have found that when storing, for example a Bulleid Pacific, it can be a bit tight once you have added the appropriate packing.

Thanks for that. I have just started to use bubble wrap in my storage trays because the quarter-inch thick foam rubber I've used (with no problems so far) for years has become difficult to find and is now very expensive when you do find it. Bubble wrap is usually thrown away; now I know why! </div>

Ordinary foam in a box is considered the best. It does noy leak chemicals or turn to dust and will protecet those super detail bits. Different types are readily found so you can pick and choose what grade/size/thickness etc. More than one loco can then be stored in a box. There are several suppliers of repro. boxes or universal ones but unsure if they have any packing with them.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
No such thing as bad weather, just a bad choice of clothing...........................CO-TR-P

Archived