Railmaster not happy with British Summer Time?

I just tried running RM, first time since the clocks changed to BST.

I now get the error "it appears that the date setting or format on your computer are not set correctly. Please ensure the date format is set to dd/mm/yyyy."

.....with the

result its back to "Evaluation mode". I'm running in Windows 8.1

As a temporary fix I disabled "Automatically adjust clock for Daylight Saving Time" in windows time zone settings and then manually added the hour.

Railmaster now works again but

how can I get it to work with Windows setup to adjust the clock itself?

HornbyRailMasterSupport said:

Daylight saving in Windows does not affect the way RailMaster's clock works.

It is important that the date format in Windows is the default dd/mm/yyyy for short date formats on an English system.

I

can confirm that windows is still set to dd/mm/yyyy I even tried resetting it to make sure.

As earlier post, a temporary fix is to disable "Automatically adjust clock for Daylight Saving Time" in windows time zone settings and then manually added the

hour. This seems very strange.

dgilbert2 said:

I can confirm that windows is still set to dd/mm/yyyy I even tried resetting it to make sure.

As earlier post, a temporary fix is to disable "Automatically adjust clock for Daylight Saving Time" in windows time zone

settings and then manually added the hour. This seems very strange.

Just tried mine - RM AOK.
Cyprus is GMT + 2 but BST swap over day is same as UK.

Resolved!

Having checked Windows, everything was/is correctly set up in terms of UK date format etc etc but Railmaster would still not start without dropping into Evaluation mode ever since BST started. (with auto daylight adjustment ticked)

I

therefore felt that this was some strange license issue so I "unregistered" RM and "re-registered". BINGO! all sorted, with Windows set to automatically adjust for day light saving. Have to see what happens in October :-)

A strange incompatibility somewhere

on my system but all sorted now!?

Archived