Hornby Ebay shop users

poliss

Thanks, poliss. I was already aware of that and it's on my "to do" list for today. I've not had any problem but I suppose that some members' personal details such as name, address, telephone number, email address and date of birth have already been compromised.

I was actually on eBay as this happened!!! Each newly opened page presented me with a message from Avast that it had stopped a hijack trojan from reaching my PC. It seems the hacker was trying to replace advertising images with his / her own injected images.

Once

on your PC it was open to be used as a network computer with others that were compromised and would be strung together with those others forming a larger more powerful attacking tool.

The whole thing now is under control so don't worry! Just change

your password and you're OK.

No. This is a completely different thing. This is about the security of EBay's customer database being compromised between late February and early March .

From BBC News. 'The attackers had accessed a database containing encrypted passwords and other

data after obtaining a small number of employee log-in credentials. Other data included email addresses, physical addresses, phone numbers and dates of birth.'

Archived